Np pressure on my portable.. why?

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
I tried to use a portable today.. We have been so far behind on aprtments i was going to clean them myself..

anyways It's a namco husky... The shurflo pump runs when you turn it on... But its not sucking any water.... I even tried to prime it.. Does anyone know what could be wrong? The pump is running.. We used it about 3 weeks ago in a high rise building and it worked fine.. Its the original pump.. Its has about 3,600 hours on it. thanks

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
I have a little Mytee machine I use as a spotter, it doesn't get used much. The valves in the pump seem to get stuck If I don't use it for a few weeks. I have found the only way to get it to work (short of disassembling the pump) is to reach into the fresh tank, unscrew the inlet mesh filter, and give the pump inlet a short blast from my compressed air hose. I reach right through the water in the tank and give it a shot with the pump running and it always primes instantly.

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
a clog seem likely, but if it has a regulator, disassemble and spray some lube on the parts.... I used to have to do that with my ninja

Name
Nate W.
Brian R AKA Corky said:
Can you suck the end of a Q/D... Needs some kind of attachment right?

If ya got a female on the end of your solution line, add a open male.......... and vice versa..... It's not rocket science.... !gotcha!

I'd personally just add a open (meaning not connected) Q/D to the front of the machine where the water comes out, then get the vac hose and hold it on the Q/D. Turn vacs on and you'll find out if your pump is no good or not.

Brett

I run a 3' qd one end, open hose other end for more air flow straight into intake port. Works every time.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
You pump most likely lost prime... Attatch & cap off your internal jet uph tool's vac slot & trigger the solution for a few seconds.

OR

Get an OP machine...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom