O.P.E. - Hmmm.... Where does the dirt go?

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
For all you non believers...

The IICRC S-100, revision 2002
Section 11. paragraph 3 is is follows:

11.3 Soil Extraction
During the agitation (spin buffing) phase of soil extraction, the bonnet (pad) absorbs suspended soils. Technicians must monitor the rate of soil absorption into the pad and turn it over or replace it as significant soil accumulates.
When both sides of a bonnet pad are soil saturated, it must be exchanged for a clean bonnet pad. Extracted solutions must be disposed of in accordance with local, state, provincial and federal regulations.
Further soil extraction may be accomplished once the carpet is dry, when remaining detergents with suspended soils are dry vacuumed from the carpet during routine maintenance. High-efficiency filtering systems or bags must be used to prevent redistribution of extracted soils and dry detergent residues into respirable air.

Name
Nate W.
I've read the same thing in the first S100. My pops still has the old CCT booket from 1987. Not much has changed. It is a standard for the industry. You still need to flush the carpet regardless. And the people who use Encap or OP on a residential carpet, I don't have much respect for. (BTW, this is only my opinion. Who the hell cares about other peoples opinions anyway) :mrgreen:

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
you still need a TM to call yourself a cleaning company

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=19782

not gonna happen with an op machine and a cotton pad, you can make it look clean but it is and always will be appearance cleaning

they had to put that there so chem dry wouldn't sue them

John Watson

Where do it go whens we use the fibre" pads

As Ralph Cramden says "" Too the Moon Alice, Too the Moon".

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Eventually it ends up in a vacuum bag or dust cup. You know.... Kind of like 1/3 of the corn in Indiana eventually ends up stuck in your teeth.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I am going to do some hallways on saturday, I op encap them ever 3 months

I will take some pictures for the Mikey towel test

I thought 1/3 of the corn turned up in Washington where the the new ethonal plant is

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom