Obstruction in the Vacuum line........

RichardnTn

on your truck mount...Here is what I have to resort to from time to time to get the big ones out. I take a piece of 3/16 metal guy cable, chuck it into a drill, crank the TM and gradually feed the cable into the vac. outlet while increasing the speed of the drill...Has never failed me yet or anyone I have helped that had the same problem. Thought you just might have to try it sometime.....Best to all, Richard Robinson

Greenie

Ye olde knotted rag doesn't work for ya?

Just make sure the knot is smaller than the narrowest restriction in the system (ie: hose joiners), and that your vacuum relief valve is operating properly.

Scott Rogers

I run a rag, like greenie says, though I have never needed to tie a knot in it. Just get it wet and it will bust loose all but the worst restrictions.

If it does get stuck on a object to bad to bust free, disconnect all the hoses and only connect the one with the obstruction in it. But hook it up backwards and that will usually dislodge the obstruction.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Having a pool, I used to hook the vac hoses up backwards, stick a golf ball in the end of the hose, turn on the machine, and then stick the end in the pool and run solid pool water through it. Seemed to work pretty well. But sometimes getting the golf ball out of the bottom of the tank was a bitch.

Take care,
Lisa

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
PLugged hose???

I was just wondering what is being sucked up the hose that could plug the sucker!! pun intended ;)

The majority of jobs I run 100'. 50' of 2" and 50' of 3" hose, if it makes it through the first 50 its in my prefilter before the truck. Using the twist locks maximizes the connector hole size as well.

Could always hook the hose up backwards. Did that all the time with the normal vacuum.

John Watson

Without realizing, it is very easy to suck up a needle or pin while cleaning carpets. They sometimes get stuck in the side walls of the suction hose and then start to catch other small items which continues till yo have a partial blockage. Some have it and don't even know it.

JohnnyV

Yeah I'm curios to know how you're clogging it. You cleaning out the jeweery boxes or something? Getting large broaches caught in there?i

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
The invented a really cool hose plugger stopper thing,

its called a pre vac!!

John K.

The only place I've ever had anything get stuck in the vacuum line is between the vacuum inlet on the front of my legend or bruin II and the waste tank. Easy enough to get out, just hook up a shop vac to the vacuum inlet and it'll pop right out.

Becker

Name
Becker
WOW, Are we talking about a vac hose or a sewer line?

I can not say I've ever had a blockage. ( not with the TM, back in the day with the portable yes)

The occasional kitten makes it all the way to the in line filter with no problems.

At the end of a job once in a while. (maybe a month or so) When I'm done I'll suck up my rag I've used to wipe up floors. Never knotted, just a standard towel.

Now watch, I'll get a blockage tomorrow and will have to bust out Roto Rooter.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom