Of Course It's Saturday Night, And a WD comes In.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Just getting ready to settle in for the night, and in comes a WD call. 1 hour drive away. Well, can't complain about the weekend, night time service charge. Should be a good payout, even if it's only an hour.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I love the call "You have 24 hour emergency service????."

Um yes what can I help You with?

Ya my mother in laws coming tomorrow, or my inspections tomorrow, or I just spilled bleach on the floor, or my dogs arse just exploded!

Umm our 24 hour emergency service usually covers water extraction and we have a $500.00 minimum to come over after hours.

Click.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Reactions: Jason del Norte

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Well, it was only about 3.5 hours start to finish for the drive and extraction. It was a condo. Little old lady living by herself. One of the "national chains" wouldn't touch it without a big cash deposit. What happened was.......a crew was cleaning out the gutters and rinsing with the spigots on the units. Just so happened that the spigot out side this ladys condo had a crack inside the wall (frost proof spigot), and while the gutter crew was using the spigot, it was leaking inside the wall. Slab home, no access to the water line and no immeadiate shutoff near the valve. Somebodys going to pay that bill!, not the condo owner. All in all, a nice, easy job. I just don't like firing up the TM in a small, close community late at night. I try to keep the sounds down to a minumum and still effectively extract the carpet and pad.

Lessons to be learned for CC'ers that use job site water, especially in the sub-freezing areas of our country. Connect water line first, turn on spigot, clamp off hose and listen with your ear on the valve. You will hear a leak inside the walls.

Had to take the water claw apart to get into the tight spots.

wdpic_zpscb8fec61.jpg

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Nice one.

So whats your schedule like to finalize and be completely done? Picking up fans and stuff..
Tell us : )

Gonna show us a Deposit slip : )

Last one I did was about an hour, no carpet at all just concrete, suckin an moving stuff. Plenty of fans there already. Know the guy well and Call came in at 6 so $350

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Nice one.

So whats your schedule like to finalize and be completely done? Picking up fans and stuff..
Tell us : )

Gonna show us a Deposit slip : )

Last one I did was about an hour, no carpet at all just concrete, suckin an moving stuff. Plenty of fans there already. Know the guy well and Call came in at 6 so $350

C.Lee.......I only do the up-front extraction. The company I sub for does the rest of the job, and I'll return for CC'ing, if it's not replaced. As usual, most custys are worried about mold and mildew.

It's not a bad deal for me......I don't have to deal with the drying and repairing part. Just be on call for the extraction part. I think we have a 2 hour "window" to arrive onsite. If needed, I assist the WD company with carpet and pad removal, if I'm needed.

As for the "deposit", it should bill out at $360.00, but the payout is usually 30-60 days, because of insurance hold-ups and delays.

Last edited:
Reactions: GCCLee
Back
Top Bottom