Off site rug pick up reciept

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Do you guys give a customer any documentation when taking possession of a rug when picking up for an off-site cleaning?

Not necessarily a bill/receipt, yet something to document the acceptance of their possession.

I don't need one for my records, as I have no problem keeping track of who's-is-who's at this point, but besides from appearing more professional, I would like to offer something to make the customer feel as comfortable as possible, as opposed to just loading up their rug, and disappearing into the night with it, leaving them empty handed.

I have been half-assing my normal invoices to accomplish this so far, but I would like to create something specific just for this purpose, possibly with areas to document rug size, type, colors, conditions issues, etc.
The local plant that I contract most of my rugs to also ads some disclaimers on their receipts (see pic), which I would think is also a good idea.

View attachment 4611

What-say-you??

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
I made up a half page 2 part form.

Nothing special contact info at the top and several lines to list the rugs size and color being picked up.

Our standard you pay no matter what clause.

We then tag rugs when they get back to the shop.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
My regular receipt works just fine for rugs.
Yes, I do leave it with them as a proof that I am in possession of their rug. Payment upon delivery. Takes 7 to 10 days etc.

Beside the boiler plate stuff, I also document all pre-existing conditions and have them sign it.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
When I originally created my invoices, I didn't factor in too much off-sit area rug action and the specifics involved, but I seem to be doing more and more as of late, and I would never be able to incorporate everything I would like to into my original invoice, so I am going to try to create something simple just for this purpose.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
If this is going to be a nice addition to your business and you're going to print a new form anyhow, why not do it right?
I am sure some of the dedicated rug cleaners have very good forms.

Beside the legalese and place to document special issues, you may want to add a check in box for various common conditions. It will remind you of certain issues and reduce the chance of overlooking certain conditions that later may come back to bite you.

In my opinion, time spent on pre-inspection is time well spent. Documenting issues and having them sign them could possibly save you a lot of money in the future. You can never be too careful and people are really particular about their rugs.

Spend some time on it and do it right.

I like the "extra $ on spreading rugs" clause. I usually don't do it (and live to regret it) as some of those rugs are really hard to put back. After a few back breaking experiences, I started charging for the really challenging ones though. I must be one of them folks that learn best with negative reinforcement
razz.gif

Last edited:

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
If this is going to be a nice addition to your business and you're going to print a new form anyhow, why not do it right?
I am sure some of the dedicated rug cleaners have very good forms.

Beside the legalese and place to document special issues, you may want to add a check in box for various common conditions. It will remind you of certain issues and reduce the chance of overlooking certain conditions that later may come back to bite you.

In my opinion, time spent on pre-inspection is time well spent. Documenting issues and having them sign them could possibly save you a lot of money in the future. You can never be too careful and people are really particular about their rugs.

Spend some time on it and do it right.

I like the "extra $ on spreading rugs" clause. I usually don't do it (and live to regret it) as some of those rugs are really hard to put back. After a few back breaking experiences, I started charging for the really challenging ones though. I must be one of them folks that learn best with negative reinforcement :razz:

I hear ya.

I think there are a lot of advantages to creating and using one, besides the obvious "cover thy arse" factor.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Frank I've got a simple one I made in MS Publisher years ago. Could never get it passed my brother so we don't even use it. :madd:
But it might be worth looking at, could give you some ideas. Send me a pm with your email and I can send it to you.

Reactions: ruff

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Richard is always helpful and generous. And I am serious.
I am re- sainting him.

With an * asterisk, for banning annoying minion minorities. :winky:

I guess, nobody is perfect.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Not really, Richard.
If you're a history buff and looked at the long list of saints and what they actually did, you'd be amazed.

You're in.:winky:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom