OfficeMax Refillable Ink Cartridges

nickreal

I have been doing a lot of printing lately and I thought I might try saving some money by having my ink cartridges refilled at Officemax. I was wrong. They ended up mixing the colors or something, and the printing was horrible. The black cartridge only printed about 25% of what a new one would. We called the manager of the store to see if they would do anything to make us feel better about our purchase. They were uninterested in doing anything about it. With things being a little tight for everyone lately I just wanted to warn everyone so they don't waste 100 dollars like I did.

Scott

My 17 yr old daughter works at Officemax. She'd hook you up if you bought from the store she works at.

Quality issues on any refill are always a concern. I've had bad batches from Staples, Officemax and Cartridge World. However, in each case they gladly supplied me a new one.

Sorry to hear of your trouble. The squeaky wheel always gets the grease. If it's worth your time you should use the chain of command and escalate it to the store mgr, regional, and district manager. Chances are you'll get a replacement cart. It won't be a fast process, unfortunately.

All the best,

Scott

BRSUMMERVILLE

It's a good way to save money on ink. Three refills is the max. The sponge inside the cartridge dries up.

Bob Rock

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
Get a cheap laser printer. I have a brother intelifax 4100 fax and printer. Its only black and white but it uses toner instead of ink, so i can print thousands of pages on one cartridge. Then i have a color inkjet to print color stuff but it never gets used. The laser is so fast too when printing multiple pages.

nickreal

I've been shopping laser printers. I need one that has a network connection to make things easy for all the PC's on the network to use. I'm thinking HP.

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
Take them to WalGreens, we get 3 to 4 a month refilled their and never have a problem with them. If the cartridge dont hold the amount of ink the machine is programmed to give them walgreens lets you know and they dont charge you for it.

Heathrow

Name
Heath Menefy
Laser cartridges can also re refilled, although I priced mine the other day and it was only about 10% less than a new one (they advertise about half new price on average).

Scott

nickreal said:
I've been shopping laser printers. I need one that has a network connection to make things easy for all the PC's on the network to use. I'm thinking HP.

We meet again, Rick.

The dirty secret in the printing game is the price of the consumables. If you buy a printer from any consumer vendor you will get soaked on consumables compared to that of a commercial printer retailer.

I went through a local commercial printer/copier retail company. These are the guys that sell 100 printers (and more) to a single location at a time. The secret is they also sell onsie/twosie to small companies, even though many small businesses don't even think to consider them.

I bought a Gestetner commercial grade high capacity color laser printer from my local printer/copier retail vendor a couple of years ago and I couldn't be happier. It's network ready and the cpp is ridiculously low compared to the printers that Officemax, Staples, Best Buy, etc. carry. Those companies sell consumer models. If you're doing a lot of printing you'll want a commercial model. Surprisingly the machine cost isn't outrageous either.

Scott

Scott

Bruce Humphrey said:
Good grief Scott, don't tell us that , I just purchased a new printer from Staples. :)

Bruce, please cover your eyes on my previous post! :)

Scott

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom