oiling lamb motors??

jcdsog

should i be oiling these motors? i've sprayed a little wd-40 in the vac tube once before but nothing other than that. is there anything else i should be doing?

thanks.

Name
Nate W.
I never heard of spraying wd40 is a electric motor. I'm curious to see who told you to do that? Maybe I've been doing it wrong for awhile by not spraying some in.

Bjorn

No don't do that

just don't shut them off wet always let run for a few minutes with a empty waste tank is all you need to do and every once in awhile change out the brushes and look for hairs and debris on the fan blades and remove.

jcdsog

cool deal. i try to run them after i'm done with a job for a few minutes. i do know that foam does get in there from time to time. i just wanted to make sure that i shouldn't have been doing anything this whole time. and nobody told me to spray a little wd40 in them. i just know it repels water and stops rust and i havent ever taken the motors out to look so i figured a few squirts wouldnt hurt anything. i didnt spray it in the motor itself. just the vac tube where the fan blades are. im sure most of it blew right out.

but thanks odin. maybe ill pull them out oneday and check for hair and stuff.

Greenie

I was gonna ask: Did the ones you did NOT spray, also last the same 5 years?

Just like a truckmount blower, air drying is the key, lubrication means little to nothing.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom