ok brain trust....WTH is this about??

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
SO i cleaned this ladies carpet last year..with my older 360....no problems..

this year I cleaned it with the hoss that i am demoing out....

and it browned :confusedd:....there were a few things that i had to figure out with the hoss....anyway, different story...

sooo I went back to reclean with the 360...(she thought it might have been machine related to)

and a few days later...its a little worse

20130923_155244.jpg

20130923_155252.jpg

She said the carpet was dry later that night when i cleaned it...sooo about 6 hrs...

I went and sprayed some brown away on it, and it seemed to knock it down...

BUT

It went away when i resprayed it before i cleaned the 2nd time......

soooooo??????

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
nope....

now that darker spot did have a larger spill there from grand kids....but the others are random...or should say the size is..there was spotting from having grand kids...but no large ones

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
It doesn't look related to the powerheads to me. I think she spotted spots with something, the spots are what browned. What ever she used left a residue and that residue when hit with steam foams enough not to be vacuumed up well. Try flushing it with a acid side fiber rinse and see if that flushes it all out.

Mike Draper

I agree with the Illegal immigrant:razz:. You arent using any rinse, just hard water correct?

Last edited:

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
i did answer the one....

you mean the hard water....

yes that is what i am using for now.....

and does that matter....i mean i have been rinsing that way for years and havent had this issue

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
I agree that an acid rinse could have prevented this. I think the solution at this point is to flush it out, dry strokes, spray on some Encapuguard, brush in and put an air mover on it.

Reactions: 1moondog1

tngvegas

How much did mardie have to pay Mike for that backup support?? :lol:

looks like you have to start over with that carpet. pull everything away from the left corner so you can see the newer carpet under the couch and the darker carpet right next to it. Demo that area like for a new custy. vacuum, prespray, scrub, and then wand with a rinse agent in the water. Keep the roto tools in the van. maybe even hit it with a 175 cotton pad to help it dry. make it dry asap and then you have a good comparison to the newer carpet on the left, your demo section in the middle, and the darker cleaned twice carpet on the right.

This would be a good for a op or 175 with cotton pad to do as you can see if the pad is dirty after you hwe it.

tngvegas

hey doug, do you use hard water for mixing chems? you can use about half as much chems when you mix with soft water. you can also check on the google what your water hardness is.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Sounds like a wicking issue from over wetting. How does it become dye damage if it looks fine after cleaning and then browns out (and I use that term loosely) after drying? The dude is practicing on this ladies carpet with a tool he's not familiar with. Put the blame where it belongs.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Sounds like a wicking issue from over wetting. How does it become dye damage if it looks fine after cleaning and then browns out (and I use that term loosely) after drying? The dude is practicing on this ladies carpet with a tool he's not familiar with. Put the blame where it belongs.

Ok I dont say this often...BUT

STFU :madd::madder:

are you serious??? i know enough about the machine on how to use it...its not like i let it sit there and spray in one area....

and if you dont "practice" with new tools out in the field...how do you know if and how they work.....for hells sake...that is one of thee stupidest comments i have seen....I have been cleaning for damn near 30 yrs...I think i know how to run different tools, with out ****ing up a carpet...

SO I went in a tried some brown away spray....it seems to have fixed the areas i sprayed....so i will go in and just do a quick rinse with some acid on fri, and put fans on it to quick dry...

she said its never been cleaned besides me in the last year...but didnt ask about "spotting" areas.....I just cant imagine with it so wide spread...that, that is the issue....

odd very odd....i think this is like my 2nd or 3rd bleed in my 18yrs of it being my own biz.....

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Coffee stain remover aka meta bisulfite.

Mist on, towel dry, key is to keep dry as possible will remove a number of problems.

But it stinks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
did you read my ENTIRE post????

it doesnt happen that often...in fact like i said 2 or 3 times is all....and didnt do it last year...

so i was DOUBLE CHECKING, to make sure i was correct in my thought, and didnt f it up any more...

No resolve was used....in fact she only cleans spills with a towel...

went back today and hit it quickly and lightly with some brown away in my 10 gallon water box...and then hit it with fans....
We/she decided if this didnt fix it...she was getting new carpet...think she said it was 16 or 17 yrs old

Cleaning her sons place, when they get back from DC....they are going to watch her other son play football...he plays for Navy...

Ron K

Doug had the same thing happen to me on a House we had cleaned over 10 times with a wand. Why it happened I don't know. But I stopped using the roto vac after that, if I can't figure out whats going on and why I stop. The reason I used the RV in the first place was it was a large open area and I thought it was a good candidate. This was the Pre-Gluide Era.

Luis Gomez

Name
Luis Gomez
Maybe she cheated on you and had a hack clean it with crappy chems. I has happen to me before. Acid rinse, bonnet to help dry and a fan will fix it.

Buck1955

Name
John
I've learned that I have to extract with a wand after I use a RV because they put down so much water. Had 2 jobs that browned like that before I started doing the extra dry steps, never had a problem since.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom