Ok Harpocrite...Let's hear it

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
What are your marketing tips? You didn't get that big 3 truck company rolling on your good looks alone did you?

Was the guy who owned your company before you the brains of the "operation?? :lol:

You say you don't market much anymore....1% (read my signature line)

I know you're trying to stop time...Old timer...but what did you do to get where you are today??....and I don't mean harassing anyone who doesn't agree with you. !gotcha!

Come on Harpocrite...I believe you may have some good ideas...but I'm not sure why you have been so scared to share them. :|

Is it because all the guys with big truck fetishes might not look "up" to you anymore?

What gives Mr. Knowitall :?: :?:

Mikey P

Administrator
189325527_photobucket_19380_.jpg

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Lee Stockwell said:
If you stopped to kick every barking dog you'd get nothing done.

You've heard I'm his favorite right?

He's probably going back and reading all my posts to come up with something decent to say. :mrgreen:

(just a joke, God knows I'm not the marketing guru everyone makes me out to want to be)

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Ok, I was going to wait until this thread was off the front page to bring it back but it seems most of the rants are being held up in 2 or 3 different threads...I'll have to remedy that. shiteatinggrin

Anyway...how do you keep an idiot in suspense?? Don't respond do his dumb as thread asking you about your real life experience.

Come on now Harpocrite...I know you saw this thread...and I also know you avoided it on purpose.

Sure you will say some crap as to why you didn't respond

You didn't see it...yeah yeah sure sure

you didn't care enough to help out the other poor saps unless it has something to do with equipment etc etc etc.

You did it on purpose just to "prove" that Corky doesn't matter to you and he's worthless and all that jazz.

Excuses my dear boy EXCUSES I SAY DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! shiteatinggrin

So let's here you crappy comments and then maybe a line or two about how you get your jobs yada yada yada.

I'll swim through the horse crap you will come up with and the emoticon crutches to hear what you have to say

Like I said before....you AMUSE me. !gotcha!

Or is it that I'm right and you are a little "Lamb" riding the wave set up by some other poor sap and then you "retired" because you knew your son could do a better job?

Love you too...hope to hear from you soon. :roll:

Sincerely,
Your Stalker. (AKA Mary) !gotcha!

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Brian R AKA Corky said:
Ok, I was going to wait until this thread was off the front page to bring it back but it seems most of the rants are being held up in 2 or 3 different threads...I'll have to remedy that. shiteatinggrin

Anyway...how do you keep an idiot in suspense?? Don't respond do his dumb as thread asking you about your real life experience.

Come on now Harpocrite...I know you saw this thread...and I also know you avoided it on purpose.

Sure you will say some crap as to why you didn't respond

You didn't see it...yeah yeah sure sure

you didn't care enough to help out the other poor saps unless it has something to do with equipment etc etc etc.

You did it on purpose just to "prove" that Corky doesn't matter to you and he's worthless and all that jazz.

Excuses my dear boy EXCUSES I SAY DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! shiteatinggrin

So let's here you crappy comments and then maybe a line or two about how you get your jobs yada yada yada.

I'll swim through the horse crap you will come up with and the emoticon crutches to hear what you have to say

Like I said before....you AMUSE me. !gotcha!

Or is it that I'm right and you are a little "Lamb" riding the wave set up by some other poor sap and then you "retired" because you knew your son could do a better job?

Love you too...hope to hear from you soon. :roll:

Sincerely,
Your Stalker. (AKA Mary) !gotcha!

deaR marY...

I tyPeD up a Looooooooooooooong aSsed post....in response to yur qUestionS.. :roll:

Then the FREEKING BOARD SHUT-DOWN.."lost server"... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Harper knows what he is doing.

I have a few questions.

We know why you feel you need two tm's in a box. I say it is not for residential carpet cleaning.

Where would having two tm's in a box make sense? If you were cleaning 50-60 restuarants on a monthly basis and needed the second unit to ensure there was no down time and to have one unit doing tile while the other is doing carpet.

Brian pays for his customers as most do. Referrals will get you so far.

To be successful in this business you need repeat customers, referrals, and most importantly guaranteed income from commercial cleaning or property managers, rentals, apartments etc. The last option is to pay for customers and have high job averages (bait and switch) and blow through a bunch of jobs.

So Mr. Harper are you knocking out a bunch of restaurants?

Do you ever run two tm's on a residential job?

If you averaged 250 per restaurant and did 2-3 five days per week, that would be close to 12k in guaranteed revenue that is recurring. Plus you have your regular residential work.

Am I on the right track?

joe harper

Name
joe harper
danielc said:
Harper knows what he is doing.

I have a few questions.

We know why you feel you need two tm's in a box. I say it is not for residential carpet cleaning.

Where would having two tm's in a box make sense? If you were cleaning 50-60 restuarants on a monthly basis and needed the second unit to ensure there was no down time and to have one unit doing tile while the other is doing carpet.

Brian pays for his customers as most do. Referrals will get you so far.

To be successful in this business you need repeat customers, referrals, and most importantly guaranteed income from commercial cleaning or property managers, rentals, apartments etc. The last option is to pay for customers and have high job averages (bait and switch) and blow through a bunch of jobs.

So Mr. Harper are you knocking out a bunch of restaurants?

Do you ever run two tm's on a residential job?

If you averaged 250 per restaurant and did 2-3 five days per week, that would be close to 12k in guaranteed revenue that is recurring. Plus you have your regular residential work.

Am I on the right track?

Sorry Dan...

We are basically 99% residential.. :shock:
We run the dual TM every day on residential...{remember we use 3 man crews}
Think of it as 2 Van's, with 1 tech & a helper.... :idea:

How much FASTER could you do a 4 br home,stairs, & a 16ft sectional.... :?:

By the time got READY to clean the stairs & sectional...the other TM & crew have
finished the sectional & stairs... :shock: You have just taken a 4 hour job & are
wrapped-up... paid.... & on your way to the next job in {2 hours}.... 8)

Where you REALLY "cash-in"..is when you can add-on 750 sf ft of tile ...when you
were only scheduled to be cleaning the carpet... :!: setting up to DUAL WAND...
with ONE machine can take longer than...Just cranking up the other unit... :!: Both
of these units have live vac hose reel's & live solution reels.... :!:

WE DON"T DO RESTAURANT WORK.... :!: Any apartments that we do are @ FULL PRICE
We don't DISCOUNT commercial work... :roll: AND anyone that does is a FOOL... :!:

Shitty hours
Slow pay
Excessive wear & soiling

The only REASON that commercial work has lost its APPEAL....is the DumBass cleaners
that will work for CHEAP prices... :oops: EnCRAPP has totally Destroyed the market.. :!:

Everyone COMPLAINS about Chinese Restaurant's...If you IdIotS would NOT clean them
Soooooo CheAP ........The Board of Health would SHUT THEM DOWN.... :x

If you can NOT retain you residential cleint base....YOU are doin something WRONG... :!:
We don't lose our base.."in fact"..our base ..IS.. our advertisement... !gotcha!

When a NEW cleint ask for a referance...? We don't have to search through our base &
pick out a very happy customer... :shock: We just open up our customer records of EVERY job we have done.... :!:

We have been in business in the same location for over 30 years...I can assure you we
HAVE done their neighbor or freind... shiteatinggrin

lance

Joe, what would you tell a new cleaner just starting up? No referrals yet and not a lot of money to blanket a city with direct mail.

Do flyers work, especially when handed out to people when they are home? Do you recommend a special deal, like a free room, free protector, or a certain % off for first time customer?

Thanks.

How much FASTER could you do a 4 br home,stairs, & a 16ft sectional....

We can do it pretty fast. Remember we dual wand 80 percent of our jobs.

I'll assume that three rooms are upstairs plus the stairs with a living room and sectional downstairs.

We keep two hydro forces and vacuums on the truck. I tried the pump and filling mulit sprayers is not for me.

We use redline on just about everything and it works. It mixes easy, cleans great, and works on everything.

First I vacuum while my assitant tabs furniture. I set up a solution line and he starts spraying. Once we get one hose set going I pull the second set off to clean the upholstery. I wish I had dual regulators but I don't so I manage. My uph tool works great though. After cleaning the sectional, I would knock the living room out and wrap that hose up while my assitant finishes the staircase. We can do that job in under 2 hours (vacuum, precondition, furniture moving, and steam clean). Then we would be off to the next job. My daily average was decent, but now it is great. I am going to get a box truck. I like the my dick is bigger than everyone elses approach. Why not? I may toss my legend in there and be done with it. Then again someone is considering offering me 15k for my tm and van, and if that happens it will be gone.

I still don't see how running three sets of hose would speed production on residential unless you are doing carpet and tile or 15 room jobs.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
JHC...... :roll:

NOT 3 hoses... :!: :!:
Three MEN... :!: :!: :!:

You just started to DUAL WAND...... :roll:

I tried for a YEAR....to just get you to "TURN THE RPM'S UP ON YOUR EVEREST...." :roll:

Try dual wanding...TILE @ 1200 PSI & 235 degree temps...While cleaning a 50 year old
white "Antique Satin"... :shock: LET ME KNOW HOW THAT "works out".... :oops:

We simply MATCH the TM to the JOB @ hand.... :idea:

joe harper

Name
joe harper
lance said:
Joe, what would you tell a new cleaner just starting up? No referrals yet and not a lot of money to blanket a city with direct mail.

Do flyers work, especially when handed out to people when they are home? Do you recommend a special deal, like a free room, free protector, or a certain % off for first time customer?

Thanks.

Honestly... :oops:
As much as I hate to say-it... :!: Use a company like SERVICE MAJIK...... thathurts

At least you will be getting Leeds in the area that you target... !gotcha!

FIND a niche....advertise for auto upholstery...NO ONE ELSE wants to do that type of work..
While you are in their DRIVEWAY....Ask them about their carpets in their home... !gotcha!

Ok Harper we derailed Brian's thread. Woo hoo.

Any tips for dual wanding relating to the pressure line.

I have one solution reel and keep 300' broken into two 150' sections each with a ball swivel.

I have to turn the pressure up to 600 when running two wands.

I have read that 3/8 inch hose can help.

What would you do?

Ideally I would like to have two electric vac reels and dual solution reels.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
danielc said:

I have one solution reel and keep 300' broken into two 150' sections each with a ball swivel.

What would you do?

We run 50' of 3/8 s-line...The 3/8 will last twice as long on the LIVE reel...It handles the
HEAT better in that situation..
Make a short "jumper hose" for your upholstery tool...
Then you can install an EXTRA ball valve to adjust the pressure ENTERING the tool.. !gotcha!

HARPER said:
danielc said:

What would you do?

We run 50' of 3/8 s-line...The 3/8 will last twice as long on the LIVE reel...It handles the
Then you can install an EXTRA ball valve to adjust the pressure ENTERING the tool.. !gotcha!

Two ball valves?

I tried running the valve partially closed. It helped some.

How will two valves help?

Does the 3/8 really make that much difference if you only have 50' on a 150' run?

In order for me to run 3/8 hose I would need dual live solution reels.

That is the only way it makes sense.

Again another reason I need a box truck.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
danielc said:
HARPER said:
danielc said:

What would you do?

Two ball valves?

I tried running the valve partially closed. It helped some.

How will two valves help?

Does the 3/8 really make that much difference if you only have 50' on a 150' run?

In order for me to run 3/8 hose I would need dual live solution reels.

That is the only way it makes sense.

Again another reason I need a box truck.

Why don't you just STROKE ME A CHECK...and i will sell you the UNIT... :roll:

I think it would be a lot less stress on me ...than trying to set-up your unit ON-LINE.. :!:

I might.

I need to know what I am up against.

Send me pm with what you want, hours, and what is included.

I will keep my mouf shut. I promise.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
These two yahoos are probably PMing eachother with giggle and smartass emoticons in between each post in this thread.

Are you ever going to answer my questions Harpo?....Hint...type it out in an email and then cut and paste it into a thread.

God knows everyone has lost a post here but if you have something long winded....you should learn the tricks (not the tricks you're used too) :mrgreen:

Wanna try again? Inquiring minds want to know. !gotcha!

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I know...I keep telling myself that I'm going to stop.
I've even started cleaning some carpets to take my mind off of him...it just makes it worse.

Maybe if I put 2 Orbots in my truck I could be more like "him"

Ok, I'll stop now. :lol:

Not sure what's come over me. (not like that)

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Daniel wrote
Harper knows what he is doing

I'm not questioning that....I would like to know what he knows...and I'm sure others here focusing on bulding their business NOT their inventory would like to know as well.

Harp....Buddy....PAL (do I have to tell you what that means?)

Shed a little light on the subject at hand. For me?

Pbbbblease???

Roger_rabbit_by_Renchee.jpg

joe harper

Name
joe harper
What do you want to KNOW....? "mArY"

I am NOT writing another Looooong post... :x

PLEASE be specific... :idea:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
HARPER said:
What do you want to KNOW....? "mArY"

I am NOT writing another Looooong post... :x

PLEASE be specific... :idea:

Corky wrote very slowly so Harpo could understand said:
What are your marketing tips? You didn't get that big 3 truck company rolling on your good looks alone did you?

joe harper

Name
joe harper
When @ the market... :!:

Check the expiration date on all dairy products...
Always smell the produce & "thump" the watermelon's...
Squeeze the bread....for freshness...
Ask the Butcher to cut you Fresh steaks...
Don't write a check...in the "check-out-line"...
And "ALWAYS"..return your cart to the Cart CORRAL... !gotcha!

NEXT.............

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom