OK...I GOT ONE BRAND NEW REBUILT DRIVESHAFT LEFT

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Just bought one from Bob and couldn't be happier with the transaction. Our TM was Built by Bob as well. A+++ Guy

Think of it as an Insurance Policy ! Time is money !

I 'd be happy to discuss our transactions with him if you want to call me
Chris

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Didn't Chris buy one to replace a bad one. He'd only have a backup if he fixes the bad one.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
by the time i put two new bearings in ( fiddy a pop) and get the machine work and get it balanced ($150) i gots around $250 outta my pocket......and about $40 shipping........i believe $410 would get it to yor door...which is cheap.......i know a fellow that has three rebuilt ones left and he's sellin' them for $995 a pop....plus tax!
ohh and mine are the 72" standard size!

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Didn't Chris buy one to replace a bad one. He'd only have a backup if he fixes the bad one.

Doug,
Our Original is Perfect, only has 40hrs on it, smooth as butter. We did by a second one from Bob as an insurance policy, hopefully we won't be needing it anytime soon.

Chris

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
How will you repair those things after Bob croaks.

Like in an hour or two ... maybe three.

Well,
Personally I have found Bob to be very helpful, all ya gotta do is ask. My suggestion if you ask is to take notes, lol

amd never mention beewbies on the phone with him.
Chris

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
you see Doug........although the lifetime of the bearing in a driveshaft varys........usually four to six years is average!
Having sED that.......it is sooooooo nice to have a spare to throw in......while you take the original to the machine shop if necessary

Reactions: GCCLee
Name
Jesse
If it was a 74" Id take it in a heartbeat. I have a spare 72 so I'll think about it.

I'm curious about the balancing though. Got any more details about what this entails?

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
my machine shop guy puts the inner shaft on centers and spins it...somehow it shows him wher to apply pressure...two or three times and it's perfect

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom