OK.....Once I Sandblast The Frame

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
I'm going to have my extra Genesis frame either sand or media blasted. Now, what would be the best way to paint this frame? Powder coat? Spray it myself? Chrome it???

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
rwcarpet said:
I'm going to have my extra Genesis frame either sand or media blasted. Now, what would be the best way to paint this frame? Powder coat? Spray it myself? Chrome it???
560faa5e.jpg

acid etching primer.....
followed by a two part epoxy paint

Name
Shawn Forsythe
For your situation, Bob's recommendation is probably a very good one.

I wouldn't recommend powder coating, as the adhesion is hit and miss on a one-off part. Powder coating makes much more sense in a controlled production environment where you can do an oven profile on test samples, determining just the right conditions to produce a good cure.

A

amazingcleansc

The Great Oz said:
Have it Rhinolined. Cleans easy, won't chip, scratch or peel off.

Rhino Liner definitely will peel off. LineX wont though. and if you want to be a pimp, lineX can do colored bedliner.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
rwcarpet said:

RW...

Take it to a LOCAL pant & body shop... :!:

They can do the PROPER "prep" work...& recommend the BEST finish... :wink:

personally...I would request a "URETHANE" paint.... They are the MOST durable.. :idea:

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
We use Line-X for our trucks, but it has a rough texture that is harder to clean spills from than the more slick Rhino product. We Rhino-lined our wash floor and it has had some adhesion problems in a few areas, but I think this is more due to poor prep work than a problem with the product.

Urethane automotive paint is a type of epoxy, softer than other epoxies so it takes a bump a little better without chipping. It needs a very expensive hardner and some budget paint shops will use less than they should or skip it altogether. The finish still looks nice, but you'll be able to damage it with a fingernail. Pay for the hardener if you go this route.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
HARPER said:
rwcarpet said:

RW...

Take it to a LOCAL pant & body shop... :!:

They can do the PROPER "prep" work...& recommend the BEST finish... :wink:

personally...I would request a "URETHANE" paint.... They are the MOST durable.. :idea:
"URETHANE" paint???
now WHY didn't i think of that.............?

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Thanks, all! I just want it to last a few years, until someone comes out with the perfect "truck mount". I can pick out the best parts from the 2 machines to make 1 good one. Now........the regular 59 blower thats on my usable Genny, or the dual splash blower on the parts machine??????

Oh Bawb.....I called ya today but got the VM.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
rwcarpet said:
Thanks, all! I just want it to last a few years, until someone comes out with the perfect "truck mount". I can pick out the best parts from the 2 machines to make 1 good one. Now........the regular 59 blower thats on my usable Genny, or the dual splash blower on the parts machine??????

Oh Bawb.....I called ya today but got the VM.

Mr. 007

Name
Curtis
Call him twice in a row he needs a new cell phone! He is really good about taking calls as long as his phone works.

of course in a secret bunker 18.5 feet beneath the earth I guess my phone wouldn't work very well either!

what do you do down there???? :?:

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Mr. 007 said:
Call him twice in a row he needs a new cell phone! He is really good about taking calls as long as his phone works.

of course in a secret bunker 18.5 feet beneath the earth I guess my phone wouldn't work very well either!

what do you do down there???? :?:
k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMqxNPsfN50k]

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
this is a picture of my next Genie....thats the etching primer...
and it will be Steam Genie Blue tomorrow!
newframes.jpg

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
rwcarpet said:
Hell Robert ...
bring it up here an' I'll sandblast it for ya.........
san.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom