OK Rug Snobs, what have we got here.

Mikey P

Administrator
A real beauty in my eyes but Randy probably thinks it's a white trash tribal door mat.

Measures 3 by 5.

I'd like to know who made it and when..

bluefringe002.jpg

bluefringe004.jpg

I would also like to know about the fringe detail, (it has a sheen to it you can't see in the picture) what is the significance of the braid on the end? What fiber is the fringe made of and is the blue/orange design lace very common?

bluefringe003.jpg

and most importantly how would you get this poop stain out?

bluefringe005.jpg

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Mikey;

I would only be guessing on the rug.

The fringe looks very uniform & synthetic from the close up.

The poop stain is a good candidate for a pure enzyme powder in a warm bath (after you rinse out the entire rug).

Larry

G

Looks like a cheap Walmart Rug; Doesn't look anything like I seen those girls in Turkey making. I have Turkish rugs in the shed; none of them are over 3 feet long; and they look a lot thicker and tighter bound knots. But that is what I see after the second Margarita; ask me again in a few minutes after the 4th Margarita things may change; hickuppp......... :oops: :wink:

Harry Myers

Name
Harry Myers
Mikey I would clean it no differently than how you have been cleaning what you did. Isfahan from what I see are good quality easy to clean . Groom the fringes when done. I would test it first of course. You could let it soak in an acid bath for an hour or so . Use LST shampoo with cimex . Rinse well . (clean water) and dry as fastas possible. I believe in that process the fringes should be fine with out any attention.

Also Mikey just cleaned a Kaysery rug that had diarrhea all over it . It is easier than urine.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
It is cotton fringe, just a finer cotton warp than on coarser rugs. As a general rule the finer (higher knot count) the rug the finer the warp to allow for smaller knots to be tied. The yarn woven into the kilim portion of this rug is just decorative and as you can see tey use 2 of the colors of the rug pile to coordinate. We used this technique on the Egyptian rugs we made, before we dissolved our partnership. For the finer Naim quality we produced we also wove a signature into the kilim, other qualities just the double braided row.

Ken

rhyde

Name
rhyde
I can’t tell from the pic but some of these are silk foundations (fringe) not cotton !

Not to sound like Gary Heacock but I’d use back-out seems to work well on blood, some shit stains, food and let it soak for ½ hour then wash it like normal . afterwards you might need to work it a little with rust remover or peroxide start with weak diluted solutions and work up.
These are generally color fast if it’s going to bleed on you it’s often the black/dark blue and from pet urine or home spotting by the owner, some times stenciling bleed but that usually bleeds to the back visible in light areas in horizontal lines a few inches apart.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom