OK you marketing gurus,

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
We keep hearing about having a Facebook page for the company and getting fans to rate your company and what not but how do you go about inviting your friends to become fans. Some of my "friends" aren't really friends. Some are local tv and radio personalities, some are realtors that I don't know. Some are just friends of friends. Do you just send out an invite to everyone to become a fan of your page? Which I can't see going over very well. Should we offer a discount to people that become fans? Any ideas and please respond like I'm a dumb cc that doesn't know how to use Facebook very well. Should we become fans of each others pages?? Thanks, Kevin L.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Contests, discussions, print ads, website links, wall posts, social marketing.

You can suggest your page to all your friends, and then ask all your friends to post a link every once in a while on their wall. or you can post it on their wall.

Put a link everywhere you can for them to become a fan. websites, ads, blogs etc.
You need to have many friends anyway, if you are promoting your company on FB. Utilize them...offer them something other than what you are selling.

the list goes on and on.

You can google "get more fans on facebook" and read all about what you can do.

Good luck

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
i suppose its good...

but damn...ANYONE EVER GET TIRED OF MARKETING SHIT IN THEIR FACE ALL DAY EVERYDAY????

I KNOW I DO

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
So do I ....good reason to give them something you are not selling...I don't care if it's the joke of the day or trivia...something other than the pitch.

RyanCleansWA

Social media marketing does work, but you have to constantly be working it every day. Not for most cleaners.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
RyanCleansWA said:
Social media marketing does work, but you have to constantly be working it every day. Not for most cleaners.
Agreed. We all make choices in our lives. IF you make the whole "social media"/ web site updating/ Google Places optimizing, etc. part of your daily routine it will take less than 1/2 hour assuming two things:

1. You know what you are doing.
2. You don't get detoured to MB and spend two hours hurling snarky posts back and forth and generally losing yourself in the constant drama.

I don't know squat about social media. But one of our SFS members, Andres Tobar, absolutely dominates his local market by adroitly working Facebook and Google Places. He has been nice enough to post how to do it on the SFS site. Here they are- click on them if you want. (You don't have to register or anything.)

http://sfs.jondon.com/5025/blog/how-car ... lt-forever

http://sfs.jondon.com/5172/blog/so-can- ... m-facebook

Steve
SFS.JOnDon.com

PS "ANYONE EVER GET TIRED OF MARKETING IN THEIR FACE ALL DAY EVERYDAY????" I agree. But whatcha gonna do? The internet has incredible power to cut your marketing expenses to almost zero (especially Google Places) if you know what you are doing- or you can stay with the Yellow Pages!

Andres Tobar really has his local listings on Google nailed for his local carpet cleaning business and he saw the power it offered last May:

http://sfs.jondon.com/5109/blog/move-yo ... l-listings

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Just remember to start with the "suggest to friends" tag under the main profile pic of the page.
You can send to all your friends and it will say "Brian Suggested You Like This" or something like that.

Facebook will even fade out the people you've already sent it to or who are already fans.

After you have exhausted that, you can start the other processes.

Cleancare

If you've just done a job for a happy customer and somehow get Facebook into the conversation.. Ask your customer to suggest friends to your page.. If in the small chance they do, then you will get possibly hundreds of more people at least viewing your Facebook page. You'd be surprised at how many people join the page with out thinking..

If you want people to take notice of your updates, then post things that aren't about promoting but being something that is interesting to everyone. You can use your personality to interact with people and your page info will end up doing the selling if people are interested.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Brian Wrote in another thread

Another thing I do is email a copy of the invoice to every customer from Service Monster.

They have a template you can create and save so when you email it, you can have your list of other services, links to Google or whatever for reviews, link to Facebook to become a fan (or whatever they are calling it now).

Really cool. Just a couple of clicks.

No one could ever read my writing either and my Techs are not that much better. So a pretty invoice after the job is done with a "Thank you" etc is very pro.

Side note, when I run the custy's credit card, it instantly emails them as well. That's not SM or FC...it's just good customer service.

Edit: AND they can save that copy on their computer....people love that stuff instead of keeping paper copies.
Man, I love what I do.

Cleancare

FCC said:
Cleancare said:
If you want people to take notice of your updates, then post things that aren't about promoting but being something that is interesting to everyone.

Most folks are smart enough to hide the feed from pages they "like"

Screenshot-88.png

that is what I meant by most folks never seeing what you post.

Yeah, that's what would happen if you post too many promotions (which we've probably been guilty of lately Ivebeensold ).

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
FCC said:
I figured you thought you left your webcam on from your chatroulette session.......

oh and:

How do I message all members of a Friend List?
To send a message to a Friend List from your Inbox, select the "Compos...
To send a message to a Friend List from your Inbox, select the "Compose" button and enter the name of your Friend List into the "To" field. Since the maximum number of recipients is always 20, you will not be able to send a message to any Friend List that contains over 20 people.

Groovy

A

amazingcleansc

2 solid business reasons why people become fans.

1) your targeted pay per click/impression ads DONT go to them

2) your targeted pay per click/impression ads show them being a fan when they go to THEIR friends that arent fans of your site.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom