Old fart learns new thing not to do!!!

John Watson

Hot Damn, Learned me a new lesson last evening..
While doing one of our commercial accounts, using our Cimex w/fiber pads, I gotta a bad burn... Did you hear that? I gotta a burn on a Cimex. Sure I've been splashed before while loading it into the van, But this was something differant and totaly new for this old fart..

I learned 30 yr ago that when running a 175 or rotary, hell even a vacuume I throw the power cord over my shoulders not only to keep it out of the way but it also helps when you are nearing the end of your reach, you can feel the pull.. before it unplugs itself.

This perticular hook up we use an extra 50 foot power supply cord for the ease of connections. As I am going down my path, mid stretch, lots of cord going huckely buck.

Bamm!!!!!!

I was awoke with a start, the power cord that was over one shoulder around my neck/upper back, over the other shoulder and then back under my arm suddenly became very taught and rubbed under the backside of my arm...

Our daughter Jolene who helps moving tables and chairs had accidently stepped on my power cord as I was toodooling along.

I did notice a bit of pain on my arm, but nothing major. Got home arm still sore, getting ready for bed washing up I came across this bright red mark about 6" long 1 1/2" wide with little white blisters oozing on my arm.. Damn, that is a touchy area, had a hard time sleeping, couldn't seem to find the right position.

Sorta reminds me while in my younger years, climbing ropes in PE and sliding down during a race, After I hit the bottom and WON I realized my legs were a little to tight cause I had blisters in my crotch area, Coach wouldn't let me go see our new young good looking nurse either.. Fell alseep dreaming of that nurse...

Note to self, Tell Jolene you are quitting if she steps on the cord again!!!

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Silly old bugger shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin

I use mine much the same way, 'cept I just throw it over my right shoulder.

This way I can grab it in my right hand and flick it backwards as I move back. ;-)

Take care with that and don't let any it turn into tropical ulcers.

Best regards to Ms Helen mate for putting up with you. shiteatinggrin

Ooroo,

shiteatinggrin

TimP

I thought you were gonna tell us about Bawb learnin sumthin.......

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom