Old Fords never die (with photos)

jimn

Someone traded in an old Ford Genesis and we bought it without seeing it (it only had 1400 hours so how bad could it be?) shiteatinggrin . Majorly neglected. Here are the before and after pics of the unit. It was completely stripped, sand blasted, coated and rebuilt..

We already sold it, it is going to Saudi Arabia if you can believe that..

DSCN2421.jpg

DSCN2422.jpg

DSCN2527.jpg

DSCN2623.jpg

DSCN2637.jpg

This was from the good old days before there was a need for fuel injection. Kind of like my old Mustang King Cobra or Chevelle..

P3060111-1.jpg

P1010229.jpg

P1010227.jpg

I sold the Chevelle for 8K.. !dork! dumbass..

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
Not to be a DA, but what did Ford have to do with that machine.... I am assuming they used a Ford motor?

That would be cool, I am a Ford fan, If you gave me a new GM product I would trade it for a used
Ford.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
man, and I thought my Genesis was looking a little rough! Mine looks new (03) compared to that one. Even the used one I bought didn't look that bad. I'll probably do the same thing with mine......I'll sandblast and repaint the used frame I bought, and transfer over the good parts. I'm thinking of incorporating a PC Heli-coil into the Gennys HX system and get rid of the original HX canisters.

jimn

meAt said:
hogjowl said:
Again ... what did Ford have to do with that TM?

that was the original Genesis engine
a 68 hp (?) 4 cylinder Ford

..L.T.A.

The Ford was the original engine used on the Genesis units. It was the VSG413 52 h.p.engine. That was before the EPA stepped in and required all of the extra emission components. They all use the Hyundai 69 h.p. engine now.

rhino1 said:
Not to be a DA, but what did Ford have to do with that machine.... I am assuming they used a Ford motor?

That would be cool, I am a Ford fan, If you gave me a new GM product I would trade it for a used
Ford.

I am a Ford man now as well BUT the Chevelle was an awesome ride.

Ryan

Doug Cox said:
GOOD GOD!! It's amazing how someone can beat the snot out of a machine in 1400 hours.

Give me a crowbar, blowtorch, and sledge hammer and I can do that much damage in 30 minutes or less. shiteatinggrin

Name
George Valliant
That machine must have been trailer mounted in a salt air climate, and left in a field to die.

Probably froze up too.

Wow! Nice restore!

That Saudi will probably keep it for personal use only. :-) those guys got all the money!

jimn

hogjowl said:
Cool!

They then went with a Brigg's and Stratton 18 after that ... right? :lol:

Thats funny. No air cooled engines for us, we only use the Liquid cooled Kohler, Hyundai and Isuzu engines. They are work horses. shiteatinggrin

KevinD said:
The original picture of the inside of that machine looks like a nightmare.

Got any AFTER pics of the inside?

Sorry, No after pics. The unit is en-route to the Middle East.

Doug Cox said:
GOOD GOD!! It's amazing how someone can beat the snot out of a machine in 1400 hours.

We all know any unit should last longer than this. The system was completely plugged up with what almost looked like a green wax. In reality, it was some sort of deoderizer that when it was heated, It hardened and plugged the unit up. Kind of weird. :shock:

Carpet Cleaning Fool said:
That machine must have been trailer mounted in a salt air climate, and left in a field to die.

Probably froze up too.

Wow! Nice restore!

That Saudi will probably keep it for personal use only. :-) those guys got all the money!

Kind of sad if you ask me, these units are "old school" without all of the necessary evils that need to go on to any gas unit that is 1L or more these days. It was a fun restoration though and I am sure they will enjoy the unit. The engine pump and blower ran perfectly. Every other item needed "more TLC".

By the way, I met with one of our Saudi dealers last week. GUESS WHAT THEY PAY FOR A GALLON OF GAS IN JEDDAH?

.30, Yes that is right, only 30 cents PER GALLON! :shock:

Name
George Valliant
Its a shame to send a classic like that to Saudi.

You know they totally laff their asses off everytime they gas her up.

Freaking Obama and his wind energy!!!

I likes McCains approach to the problem.

"Drill baby drill"!!!

Fords hydrogen approach is promising too.

jimn

"Drill baby drill"!!!

I am with you. By the way, In the mean time we created a new avitar for you.

What do you think?

clown-guy.jpg

Name
George Valliant
jimn said:

"Drill baby drill"!!!

I am with you. By the way, In the mean time we created a new avitar for you.

What do you think?

clown-guy.jpg

I think my next TM is going to be a PowerClean Genesis DXT in a big truck!

You can have my testimonial featured in the full page CleanFax ad.. I'll even wear the clown suite to the photoshoot and pay my own airfair!

Cheers!

:-)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom