Old Style RX 20 ( slow speed ) question

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
I use an old style ( slow speed ) RX20 on restaurants. I want to change the oil in the transmission. What kind of oil and how much do you put in? Do you drain it from the side port and fill it to the top? I need to know.

Thanks

Bjorn

any good synthetic non-detergent oil should work just fine you can tip it on it's side and the oil can drain out.

John Watson

Adam my man, there is a fill plug on top and a oil level plug on the side. I kept mine at least an inch over the side plug (guessing of coarse) If you fill to full used to cause foaming and oil would come out the top breather hole and drip on the carpet and give you more headaches if you don't catch it every drop or time.. I never used synt. but agree a better oil than reg. I used 30 wt non detergent..

bobkinnarney

Regular RX-20 uses 80 - 90 weight gear oil. Drain oil and fill till the oil dribbles out of the inspection port.
the 80 - 90 wieght oil will reduce friction and allow the gear box to run cooler.

High speed RX-20 you don't change the oil. to check remove the vent plug and look into the gear box. Turn star until you see the inspection hole in gear. The oil level shoud be up to, but not above the middle of the gear. To check the oil in the gear box you can use a toth pick. The level should be about 3/8 of an inch.

Good thing I kept my owners manual.

Bob

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom