Olifen Area rugs

steamron

Name
Ron
I clean 2 small rugs on Friday morning, first job so the water was just warm, I run Axiom detergent in my TM and meter it at 3,
They were not even dirty enough to use a prespray so I just extracted.
I got a call Sunday and she said that there are black streaks or marks on them. They were just damp when I left and she left them in her garage to dry, it was about 48 degrees for a high that day.

What could it be?

Thanks

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Might be best to go take a look at them. Might have been more soils in them than you thought....OR...someone with a bike ran over them ;)

Wouldn't be the first time something like that has happened....and they just don't know what it could be....LOL!

Mark Saiger

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
While you were trying to do a good thing and give them a light cleaning, it sounds like they need more. I'd vacuum them well this time and clean as usual. Impacted soil most likely wicked up and left you with the streaks.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Olefin is the least absorbent of all the fibers we deal with. So it could be that they were dirtier than you thought as others suggested.

Or it could be wicking due to improper technique and the nature of olefin. Clean with low pressure (as to not push it in) and plenty of dry passes.

Or redo with a bonnet.

hogjowl

Idiot™
If you run a glided wand, it could be a combination of the overspray off each wand edge leaving wet streaks which caused the soil you left to wick.

Reactions: FredC
Back
Top Bottom