Omni Air Mover

I was excited about the low amp and light weight of the unit. It works good for open areas but for floating carpet it sucks. I cleaned an 8x10 the other day and two of them would barely lift the rug. I have several edic air movers with clamps. They work much better. I have 10 omni dry air movers which will barely get used. They are nowhere near powerful enough for flood work and now I have my doubts about the prochem air mover as well.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Not every airmover is made for every situation. For floating a carpet which isn't done all the much any more you need an airmover that not only moves alot of air but one with high static pressure. Problem is if they move alot of air like the Sahara Pro HP they pulla LOT of amps. (10)

I am going to assume you haven't taken ASD yet? What you will learn and what other restorers will tell you is they dry carpet for free and get paid to dry walls. What that means is the carpet is going to dry PERIOD. A little air flow and a Dehu and it'll dry in less then 24 hours. Now the walls thats where the science comes and MONEY come in. We have learned how far a part and how many airmovers we need for any size building. Problem is how do you get that many on the limited power we have availble? Many times you can run a spider box. Sometimes you have to call an electrcian to come out and run a pole for you or you need a generator.

What todays companies (like Prochem) have done is re-think things from the ground up. Lower amp draw and higher static prerssure lighter and smaller equipment means faster and more effeciant drying which equals higher profit for everyone including the homeowner and their insurance company.

What it comes down to Daniel is using the right tool for the job. If you are trying to dry rugs or carpet after cleaning get a Airpath. If you need to dry a house use low amp high static pressure airmovers.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom