ON BOARD FRESH WATER

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
CRASH installed a fresh water tank on his Steam Genie...
really works lik a champ......slick!
pics to follow i hope!

-JB-

Name
JB
I could never undertsand how guys, esp., in the northeast run w/out a freshy tank. I know our local SS company does, but sure seems like a pain to me .

Name
Lee Stockwell
I've run one since my Bane days. Definately saves time and trouble. No particular problem with brakes or suspension, just drive sensibly.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We carry water on all but two trucks, and working on a temp setup for one of those just for big jobs. It's more convenient and saves time looking for a working spigot in cold weather.

harryhides

Name
Tony
Where we live in the frozen north there is no choice.
It does save time and you can control the quality of the water you use.
Downside is the extra weight for half the day and that you have less space in your truck.

Clearly Bawb does no cleaning thru the winter.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Clearly Bawb does no cleaning thru the winter.

Ohh Contrer Pier...
i was jus THE BEST at it.......
it DOES get more difficult around 5 below....
in the FORTY YEARS that i cleaned carpet.....ONE TIME....i couldn't get water!

Name
Lee Stockwell
:-)

I had that notion about Kentucky when I moved here from Michigan 40 years ago. Alas, most of the Clampetts have moved to California.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
WTF Marc, you'll take a 100 gallons of water out of their spigot but won't take a couple of gallons out of the tub? :p

j/k
:mrgreen:

I agree with the premixed solution, even for big jobs we will have several premixed containers ready to hit the ground running. Then we will mix the concentrate once they get going.

Mr. 007

Name
Curtis
IMG_20100929_123825.jpg

Free Jug & Fittings I had lying around the shop.

IMG_20100929_123925.jpg

Ok Lets here it for the hardware store water line............. :oops: anyhow great setup next to the pump draws great!

When I was running 2 trucks for servpro when I was a kid I learned to clean with the water tank..... Boy it sucks without one, big time saver! shiteatinggrin

SOOOOOOOO who has the easiest whilst still being safe idea to secure that monster in place....... I am a little thick but I think if I were to smack into something head on I would be very skinny :shock:

Name
Lee Stockwell
Threaded rod.

Barrel looks to be about 30" tall. Take three 3/8" x 36" threaded rods thru floor to bracket (triangle?) over top of barrel.

Mr. 007

Name
Curtis
could paint them before the install and it would look nice! I'm guessing 12 o'clock, 4 o'clock, 8 o'clock for the positioning of the rods? 12 o'clock being the rear of the barrell (closest to the rear doors).

Anyone else???

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
I have the same type of freshwater tank that you do..... Mine is attached to my wastetank as you can see.... Of course its a little dirty.. but thaats why this ones in the shop today! That aluminum is hard to get spots and stains off of it.

wastan.jpg

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Mike Draper said:
[quote="bob vawter":2cbt5p75]i jus HOPE he fastens it down..........soon!

yeah, tell him to put a lid on top as well or it will spill out.[/quote:2cbt5p75]
The lid is ON....jus made a small triangle cut to insert the ballcock......

harryhides

Name
Tony
That 45 gal drum sitting in the back of a van weighs 450 pounds full - try to imagine that hitting the back of your head at 30 mph let alone any faster - it's a death trap. Get something with a lower profile and strap it down properly.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
harryhides said:
That 45 gal drum sitting in the back of a van weighs 450 pounds full - try to imagine that hitting the back of your head at 30 mph let alone any faster - it's a death trap. Get something with a lower profile and strap it down properly.
not to worry Harry....CRASH went to school for that......

Ryan

I've got the same set up. Mine is just ratchet strapped down to the floor and wall. If you have a catalog from magic wand co they have a round mount the barrel sits in so you can mount it to the floor. I can't find it on their website.

I'm thinking about getting something like this, because I use more then 55 gallons on a lot of jobs, not to mention filling up between jobs or using their water to fill up for the next job kind of defeats the purpose of carrying your water in the first place.

http://cgi.ebay.com/100-gallon-poly-wat ... 5887ec456c

Name
Lee Stockwell
Having onboard water allows you to get started immediately. A helper can later hook up a water line to finish a bigger job or top off the tank before you finish.

I usually don't reload fresh tank if I can't unload the waste tank. I have about 150 fresh / 250 waste so you could inadvertently overload things (400 x 8.5 = 3400#)

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
pfft...i go through wayyyyyy to much water for a 55 gallon drum.....

did 2 bed, liv, stairs, and a 3 bed stairs liv and my 100+ waste tank was full before i finished the 2nd one

ohhh wanded only to.......

filled it up on a 4 bed house and rotovac

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
KevinL said:
Once you get it strapped down to the floor I'd run a strap to the wall also.
I agree. The rods through the floor may not be enough to keep it from tipping. There is alot of leverage when that drum is full. Make a saddle for it to set in(this will keep it from sliding) and them strap it around the top to the side of the van.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom