On the hunt

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
So I am on the hunt for a new or maybe used truckmount/van or more so box truck. Leaning towards one of the three:

1. Aerotech
2. Sapphire Scientific 570
3. Butler

Currently running a 95 Butler workhorse that doesn't let me down but a 1995 GMC van, 180,000 miles and machine hours is added up to just under 300,000 miles. I need a new primary setup.

I have been searching the web and just not finding any great sites or leads in the used market. I have been on Butler site, Jondon, Superior Cleaning, Pacific Vacuum, Aerotech and others that I don't remember off hand... Any great people or sites with quality used set ups would be greatly appreciated.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Talk to Saiger about the Butler deals

Been really hard to find a good used Butler.

I actually decided not to update my 2008 (put in service in 2009) yet this year....and I would have it sold to my middle Brother.

Timing just not right for us, but sure wanted to get another new unit.

I have heard that Butler was doing 0% financing on both the van and the Butler unit (few months ago)

They have a deal worked out with local Chevy dealership that will do the total financing now (so I was told).

Honestly, it is real tempting to use someone else's money for free, but I have had that van and unit paid off since December, and am paying down other debt (semi retirement in my future someday :) )

I would not be afraid of their rebuilt units either.

I rarely have problems with the Butler units (seems a person can have more trouble with the vans)

tracywalker

Name
Tracy
So I am on the hunt for a new or maybe used truckmount/van or more so box truck. Leaning towards one of the three:

1. Aerotech
2. Sapphire Scientific 570
3. Butler

Currently running a 95 Butler workhorse that doesn't let me down but a 1995 GMC van, 180,000 miles and machine hours is added up to just under 300,000 miles. I need a new primary setup.

I have been searching the web and just not finding any great sites or leads in the used market. I have been on Butler site, Jondon, Superior Cleaning, Pacific Vacuum, Aerotech and others that I don't remember off hand... Any great people or sites with quality used set ups would be greatly appreciated.

You and me both. I have been looking daily on all the sites i could find.

F

FB7777

Butler has been offering 2.9 % financing for both the van and Butler equipment for quite some time now

All I see when. I go to their website is Butler systems that are already SOLD...used systems don't last more than a week it seems on their website

Another way to get a used system is to purchase a slightly used van either from Butlers limited inventory or buy one yourself and install a reconditioned unit... I did just that back in 2003 and the unit is still running strong

A lot cheaper than a new unit but You won't get the 2.9 finance deal however

Last edited by a moderator:

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
Lots of good info. Guess I'm not the only one looking for something nice. I talked to Aerotech and Butler today and info is in the mail. I really like the sapphire 570 as well but that's a different ball game.

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
I guess I also forgot to mention I have a White Magic Pro 1200 sitting in my garage built to go in 1999-2004 Isuzu NPR. I'm also 99% sure it will fit all the way up to 2014 with minor mods to get the shaft properly positioned. If I used it I would probably pull the piece of shit Vulcan heat off it and ad a new one from John Heat Exchangers.

as far as Bulter I have two hold ups:

1. 47 blower is the biggest. That sucks
2. 1200 psi max for the system. It just limits diversity, if it was 1500 I would be much happier.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Why in God's name do you need more then that anyway?
ohh that's right the walk ups ....

Although i agree wish the pump was slightly higher also.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
i always want more unless it is problems, don't want more problems already have my fair share.

i got to go out and clean today, i used one the vortexes and the hoss on the bottom floor of the house not because i needed to or anything like that, but to see how practical it is for cleaning regular soil vs using just the wand.

about equal sqftage upstair and downstair and only took maybe 6-8 minutes longer verse using the wand.

all thanks to having a big truck with a proper size real cleaning blower with some good power to it. carpets were almost dry by the time we were finished packing up and recovered the air paths.

no walk ups or complaints today, i am a bit sad because of this.

Last edited:

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
The price you'd pay for an used aerotech (40-55k range) you can buy a newer van and the sapphire w/ it...however it still won't be a dual wand machine, so I'd say stick to the Aerotech...unless you never dual wand residential.

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
Ugg.... Still searching and nothing good. I got my packet from Butler in the mail the next day after requesting it... Impressive. I am still waiting for Aero Tech. Gonna make a call to Sapphire and see about shaft kit options for Isuzu npr I know they are doing 2014 and newer now gas and diesel.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom