One extream to another...

Mikey P

Administrator
We went out to inspect a efflorescence problem in a home overlooking the Harbor yesterday. Complete remodel.
I've seen al ot but the stuff in this home was so top of the line it made my head hurt.
Rare Marbles like I've never seen, Granite counters that had a texture that no one there could explain, course enough to show each and every grain's out line. Not flamed but?
Fixtures and appliances that only show up in Architectures Digest. Pedestal sinks all custom made of Black Absolute.
You name it.
I turned the problem over to Dave the Marble guy and ran like hell.

Literally.

Next place was the biggest White Trash dump heap I've just about ever seen.
Up Hwy 9 into Felton, up a road 2 inches wider then the V. FOur broken down cars, Garbage, stumps, motor blocks, land slides the whole package.
Mrs Foxworthy met us in the "Drive way" and apologized for the mess in HIS garage that was "All her hubby's toys"... Since when is garbage, more engine blocks, junk and pure crap considered "toys"?
She promised us HER house was clean and immaculate inside.

LOL!!!!

The wool rug she wanted us to remove dog shit from was folded over her fine Corinthian vinyl sofa letting the twenty pounds of baking soda she dumped on it get everywhere. Tumble weeds of dog hair was everywhere. If not for the tasteful WWF posters and Thomas Kincaid pin ups I would have thought only a single man lived here.
I told her that vacuuming up the wet baking soda would ruin my vacuum so she brought her Eureka dirt cup. It was already full of powder so I asked her to dump it out for me.

Having no trash pick up service she though nothing of emptying it right off the back deck.

I filled the canister again, impacted it actually, which considering it was only one month old was very impressive.
This container went into the front "Flower Garden"...... My helper and I were in tears.
The Costcoian fine textile came out beautiful to say the least.
I give it a day before Chompers or Hubby dumps again.

Stuff like this makes it all worthwhile.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
What kind of toilet did that expensive home have?

The mark of a true rich home is what kind of toilet they sit on.

A cheap common toilet reveals just another rich wannabee.

Mikey P

Administrator
No ordinary fixtures anywhere. These were those special order French bidets that appear to be levitating.

Californians dont like photos taken in their homes.

Must be a Kentucky thing. Makes em feel special.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
So Lisa, would "emotional marketing" have worked for Mike's second "trashy" job. Inquiring minds want to know.

Thanks,
Steve

PS Actually now that according to Mike B I whupped up on Yeadon at this weeks Dallas SFS I'm just trying to tag team him and get the two of you feuding again. Once a troublemaker ...

PPS Actually this is what a mobile broadband card will do as I wait at Dallas Love Field for a late flight out of here. With the weather and all I may not be leaving any way. Gotta love the internet. Never lonely ...

John G

Not true, had my business in California for 15 years, but then again pics can PROVE what is stated...

Mikey P

Administrator
I can see why you would think I am lying about this John.

I mean who wouldn't want their shit hole photographed and ridiculed..

And what kind of idiot would refuse the chance to have a complete stranger walk through their brand new mega million dollar home ooohing and aaaweing and snap shotting away.

Seems so natural.

I think I'll take the 40K I made off this site this week and buy one of those 20 gig Canons with the 2 foot long lenses so I can PROVE my stories to you.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Island Boy,

Are you dissin' on mama too?!?

Well geez, OBVIOUSLY Mike's NON-emotional marketing landed him BOTH jobs (even if he did walk from #1), so non-emotional marketing seems to work across the socio-economic scale.

Gee, Yeadon's sending in the second string now....

:wink:

Take care,
Lisa

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
By the way Mike, I would say the textured granite you saw was "tumbled granite" a finish I would love to do our floors in...some day when I'm a multi-billionaire too.

Take care,
Lisa

Rex Tyus

John G,

I have to agree with Mike on this one.

I live and work in one of the MOST RELAXED areas in the country. I can NOT imagine taking snapshots of prospective clients home furnishings. I think it is just tacky.

A vacant home or trashed out rental for before and after pics is one thing, but snapping away like you at a tourist destination in front of a customer or client because you think it looks NEAT :? . Not for me.

John G

LOL, ask the customer once, they are actually excited, I just tell them I like taking before and after pics, NO ONE ever has had a problem with it.

Maybe you guys should try it once.

Vboys should be happy to SHOW what they do, not just TALK about it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom