One of my new promotions

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I haven't contributed much lately because I have been flat out all year but wanted to share with you my new promotion.

Since my brand is a very strong brand in my community(even though 2/3 of the moderators do not believe in branding strategies) I decided to give each organization that has promoted my company a chance to win a total of $500.00 towards there org.

I have sent out press releases, gotten free radio and TV play for this small amount of money. I have asked that the children from the boys and girls club, 5 elementary schools, 13 large daycares, YMCA daycare to design my next postcard. I gave them a small bit of direction in what needed to be in it and the winner will get $100.00 local gift pack and $400.00 to their PTO or organization. I have already been swamped with bookings for carpet cleaning and my volunteer panel said they have already received 200 entries since Monday

Terry

Supportive Member
Name
Terry O'Brien
Greg,
Thats a great idea involving the kids, glad to hear its working out for you. I've found that monthly online newsletters that moms groups sent out is also a cheap (approx $90-130 a year) way to advertise.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I will have to find me a few. If you get to the Marshfield fair you can see a replica of my truck on the mainstage at the railroad train expo

Wayne Miller

Name
Wayne Miller
Great idea, Greg. I know of a few folks who've gotten favorable responses from that approach.

BTW, I don't think anyone disagrees that branding is a good thing.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Yea, branding is one of the most important things to get you remembered.

Just do it "swoosh"....who can argue with that?

Golden Arches...Come on.

you've got mail..
I think anyone could agree.

Wayne Miller

Name
Wayne Miller
Branding is a good idea, no doubt about it, and Greg is better at building his brand than most. His way ain't the only way. Personally, building a brand is secondary to making the phone ring. If I had 20 trucks and wanted to take over the world I'd need a strong brand. Heck, if I simply had a strong "brand" or two to compete with I'd at least appreciate a stronger brand. We're getting our business reestablished, but when 85% of our business, like most owner/operators, was repeat and referral and we knew exactly how to fill the schedule, I have to wonder if we advertised enough to fully benefit from a strong brand.

There's also this little thing called "image." And, I know absolutely when your marketing presents the image that says "we're just the kind of people you want to hire" your phone will ring and everytime it does you build your brand. I'm also pretty confident reputation and goodwill are the natural byproducts of doing the things you'd want a strong brand to imply.

Someone said, "Like my wife says about you "softy" marketers, do you think woman are dumb? " Here are examples of four of the most enduring "softy" brands of our lifetimes,

"My bologna has a first name, it's O S C A R......."

"Is it soup yet?

"It's Kraft Cheese and Macaroni.........."

and, finally,

Norman-Rockwell---First-Love--C10231092.jpeg

There's no one best way. Do what works for you.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
every single one of those sorts of ads prominently has the brand name out there. There is nothing wrong with "softy" marketing as long as it is tied to your company.

This month I wasted some ad $$'s on my new customer marketing not realizing that august isn't the best time to get new customers. I got a good amount but I have been Xtremely busy with repeats from last year or earlier this year and referals. So much so when I had a chance to pop in here my Mikeys world has changed completely.

I am learning to use my marketing $$'s more wisely just because you got em doesn't mean you should waste em

Wayne Miller

Name
Wayne Miller
August can be a little slow but it's not a bad time to advertise. Things start to pick up once the kids head back to school. You should start seeing some activity from your August postcards soon.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I moved my Sept mailing date up. I noticed in August I had the highest repeat business and much larger tickets. So next year I will mail my list rather than new customers

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom