One of them customers today....

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
An interesting day.... first job... great customer thinks she has pee problems on the brand new carpet we installed about three months ago... can't find, smell or taste a single drop anywhere on her new carpet or upstairs... but baseboards could knock you on your ass... told her before to replace and told her again.. But.. alas nothing to clean.. fair enough, we will see her in about three months for her upstairs cleaning.

Second customer was a hurry up... moved into a condo with all polyester cutpile.. put a computer towner on the white polyester carpet and turned it black around all the edges.. I test it and it shoudl respond well... well I explain all of this to the customer and tell them I will have to run two hoses inside.. He said absolutly no problems.. please clean my spot.. well all he could do once the hoses were in was complain about how this was such a mistake to do it today and it was so much heat pooring in.. mind you he had it at about 68 in his condo and had a great thermal barrior preventing a lot of cold air loss. He was being a dick and well within ear range.

Well he finally irked me with his coments saying.. its going to take you quite a while isn't... very smart ass like... he's been a customer for 30 years on the retail side but he was being a complete jerk to me... damn was it hard to maintain respect. The only thing I could do was to finish up as quick as I could with the truckmount and not spend the extra 30 minutes with solvents to remove the spot completely... (I think he would have gone apeshit if I had).

So when have you sacrificed the extra time on a job to remove yourself from a worsening situation befor it became a negative moment of truth?

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
i think you did the right thing as always this is a judgement call. i would point out and ask. what would you of done if one of your techs told you that scenario? and that he did the same thing you did?

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
I met a customer back at her parents house today that we cleaned last week. Parents went to a home and the house is going on the market. We cleaned 30 year old carpet, vct in br, linoleum in kitchen, and power-washed exterior. The linoleum had a large dis-coloration that she thought we could get out. NO WaY, as explained to her sister during estimate. Her big complaint was the power wash to house. She thought that the new dust on window ledges shouldn't be there in only one week and the white vinyl shutters should look like new. She wanted me to redo it and I said NO. IT was almost perfect as I proved to my wife by taking her up there later. I called her husband crazy when he said we did a shitty job. So the custy is gonna write a letter to the company. O,no.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I'm a super easy going guy......no, "really", I AM!

I'm able to get along with folks that most everyone else has problems with.
maybe it's just a gift i have..I donno.
But at this stage of my life, I find I'm less tolerant of rude people.
and as the heat index goes up, I'm MUCH less tolerant... :twisted:

what would "I" have done in your situation?
Honestly, I don't know.
It would of been contingent on whether I perceived he was just having a bad day, or was a genuine dckhEd

..L.T.A.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
meAt said:
I'm a super easy going guy......no, "really", I AM!

I'm able to get along with folks that most everyone else has problems with.
maybe it's just a gift i have..I donno.
But at this stage of my life, I find I'm less tolerant of rude people.
and as the heat index goes up, I'm MUCH less tolerant... :twisted:

what would "I" have done in your situation?
Honestly, I don't know.
It would of been contingent on whether I perceived he was just having a bad day, or was a genuine dckhEd

..L.T.A.
Larr you do jus fine wit me...
an' ever one knows i'm an ASS!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom