One wet, one dry should be your goal, and proably is your reality

Mikey P

Administrator
Sure, some situations take two or three wets, and some need two or three dry passes, but on average, most every cleaner that cares enough to be on MB should have a client base that doesn't require mega flow, rotary extraction or 12 wet and 24 dry....

Vac, pre-spray, dwell and or aggitiate, slow wet, and an even slower dry, will clean most of what I see these days.

Last edited:

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
I have no idea and could never do the same exact stroke (residential). I can feel it when it is to the cleanest state, then a dry stroke until its done needing a dry stroke. Then one or 5 more dry strokes.
Who is counting with a Greenglide. It is satisfying. The trick is to be 100% efficient for the job, the day, month, year, 20 yrs...... If you are in this for the long haul, the stroke will be so precise that you cannot teach it. Different strokes for different folks.

Commercial, completely different. One that is probably good to get into a procedure stroke if it is just an able body squeezing the trigger all night in one giant room. Not to be taken the wrong way, there is a need and probabley more money than I make.

Mikey P

Administrator
I might buy a C8 today

I have no idea and could never do the same exact stroke (residential). I can feel it when it is to the cleanest state, then a dry stroke until its done needing a dry stroke. Then one or 5 more dry strokes.
Who is counting with a Greenglide. It is satisfying. The trick is to be 100% efficient for the job, the day, month, year, 20 yrs...... If you are in this for the long haul, the stroke will be so precise that you cannot teach it. Different strokes for different folks.

Commercial, completely different. One that is probably good to get into a procedure stroke if it is just an able body squeezing the trigger all night in one giant room. Not to be taken the wrong way, there is a need and probabley more money than I make.

Try not to think of the off the trigger strokes as "dry strokes", but rather additional soil removal passes..

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
I think 1 wet 1 dry with a big truckmount might hack your way to repeat customers

Little truckmount needs 1 wet 2 dry

Little well maintained truckmounts with 50' of 2.5 vac hose, a ( clean) Dev filter, proper wand technique, and a 530 wand would get you to change your mind real quick.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Little well maintained truckmounts with 50' of 2.5 vac hose, a ( clean) Dev filter, proper wand technique, and a 530 wand would get you to change your mind real quick.
Don't even need all that. My little cds 4.2 does a great job under 150 feet. Most of my jobs, I don't need a crb. Just vac, prespray and flush. Drying times average 8-12 hours. I'm not talking about dry to the touch, dry to a moisture probe so you can put back that piece of cherry wood furniture. 2 inch hose often with a 15 foot 1.5 foot whip. My Apex does a little better and more heat is always nice.

Reactions: Mike J

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
well maintained truckmounts

We routinely check recovery tank gaskets, filters, and strainers, as well as vacuum blower belt tension when units come in for most anything.

Few are well maintained in that regard, and drying times must be compromised on these units based upon how much restriction and/or air leaks exist.

Mr Brightside

Name
Jay Wags
would try it out and I would love for it to be true
I love LOVE love big truckmounts but I kinda am tempted to build myself a special van next year with a mercedes metris and 370ss with the smaller waste tank and the cradle in the back if it fits
or
a transit low roof ecoboost

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
would try it out and I would love for it to be true
I love LOVE love big truckmounts but I kinda am tempted to build myself a special van next year with a mercedes metris and 370ss with the smaller waste tank and the cradle in the back if it fits
or
a transit low roof ecoboost
Please do that and tell us how it performs with the avg 150ft.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom