Online Store Front

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Do you allow your customers to purchase services or products from your website?

If not why?

If yes....How's that working for you.

Let's face it....The world is coming to an online way of purchasing. If they could give you a haircut over the internet they surely would....Maybe they will?

Why not allow your customers to pay upfront....I think most will be ok with this as long as it's done in a manner that's not threatening etc.

The website must look like it's NOT going to take the money and run.

Yes, Groupon is huge for this....But that doesn't mean you can't do it as well.

Groupon has really set the stage for online purchases for services.

On my carpet cleaning website I have some "Buy Now" options. If the job is more when I get there....I can still charge more as long as it's legitamate.

It's really more of a deposit or security of knowing they've paid for the job (or most of it) and they are surely going to be there etc.....Skin in the game ...if you will.

I love online purchasing because it's convenient, the future, quick and it just makes sense/cents to me.

Ah yes, a moment with Brian.

And you thought I was going to mention THIS Online Store Front You were soooo wrong. Ivebeensold

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
fittlebug lets them schedule real time appointments.

e]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGAuRbEPaAAe]

How it works- Consumer Video
e]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrCt8qRVWG8e]

Connor

Name
Connor
Ya know, if you're gonna reference your carpet cleaning website in a post, why don't you put a link for it? :x

What if they need stains removed, how much more is that?

How do you get add ons sales or upsales , 'specially if they have prepaid or if it was prepaid for a friend or relative, how do you go about getting the extra juice?

Ninety bucks for three rooms and a hallway? Surely at that kinda price you NEED upsales to make it profitable. What are your deployment costs?

Do you do the work yourowndamnself? Any employees?

What are the hard cost? Do you factor in the costs for cleaning the pads and time spend doing it?

How do you make money like that? Is the DFW carpet cleaning business stand alone profitable to support you?

How big of a radius do you cover?
Do you have an office or work from home?

My favorite:

NO pushy sales people
and we clean and dry your carpet
quickly so you can get on with your life

You really have a link to your shakes on your carpet cleaning site? :|

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Sorry guys,

I thought it was a carpet cleaning post, So, I posted a low cost on-line scheduling link.

Turns out it is just Brian hitting us over the head with an other endless MLM link.

It's like a never ending nightmare.

A little advertising here is expected.
But, It's like this is now the MLM board.

Les and others post randomly.

They don't try to take over the board.

Your ADHD is must be in the manic stage.

Connor

Name
Connor
Brian R said:
The website must look like it's NOT going to take the money and run.

Yeah, just gotta look like it's not going to, even if it is!

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
So many questions .... lol

Dave, it's just a reference for comparison. AND I thought it would be funny. sheesh.

Mr. Connor,

$90 is the foot in the door price but YES I will clean 3 rooms from that and make a profit...Remember I am OP with low overhead with awesome cleaning results with little effort.

I will offer all my services that I feel are appropriate for the job.

I generally do stairs, pet urine treatment and protectant....That puts it well over the top.

www.prioritycleandfw.com

I could easily just have my DFW carpet cleaning company and do very well....Ton of work here.
I sub out some, I OP most....But I've slowed it down somewhat to conquer my other ventures that needed attention.

Right now I only clean North of Dallas....not a huge radius in comparison to the area but it's a lot larger than the Sacramento area as a whole.

I have a home office......Low overhead etc.

If I had 2 or more trucks I would have a site....But I don't want that at all.

I'm really not a pushy sales person....It's all about being friendly and approachable. I don't push open the door and start spewing my services....Like I do here. shiteatinggrin

Some guys just don't think about what you need to lead up to a sale...They get intimidated by the customer of feel self concious because they don't believe in what they're doing.

People can tell if you're honest or out for the quick buck....The key is to be truly honest and deliver and you'll have no problem with the dreaded "upsell".

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
So Dave.....I only tell people what I'm doing to make lotsa money.....This time I DID ask about people using my services but I didn't ask anyone to do what I am doing.......IE: MLM

If they use my services like cell phones....It shouldn't cost them any more money than going to the carrier directly....So I didn't see any harm in it.

Should I keep it a secret?

If I can make an example of what I'm doing then maybe others will see there are alternatives to what they are doing now....Even if they keep doing what they are doing now.

No offense to you but if you would have read the post you would have noticed it had nothing to do with online scheduling.

Connor

Name
Connor
My main question was objections from the prepaid people, you know, thinking that their money should buy more because they prepaid or if any protested and accused you of "bait and switch" if you told them that certain things that were needed would cost more money.

Do your subs OP? What's their compensation?

How do you handle call backs with your subs?

How long does it take you to OP your three rooms and a hall?

Which OP machine do you use?

I see your link that says "flooded", How do you handle floods?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Connor said:
My main question was objections from the prepaid people, you know, thinking that their money should buy more because they prepaid or if any protested and accused you of "bait and switch" if you told them that certain things that were needed would cost more money.

Most people understand...If not, they can have their money back.....hasn't happened. It's EXTRA services...I'll clean for the money they paid but it still might smell like urine depending.

Do your subs OP? What's their compensation? Some do, some don't.....50/50

How do you handle call backs with your subs? They go back on their own time...That's why I pay so well.

How long does it take you to OP your three rooms and a hall? Every job takes about an hour set up to break down...Almost without fail. Larger jobs take longer of course. But truly, that much space is 30 minutes of actual clean time.

Which OP machine do you use? Orbot...Love it......I like the Trinity but can't see buying for the low volume that I'm doing right now.

I see your link that says "flooded", How do you handle floods?

I send floods to Michael Lockhart....I don't get very many at all.

Connor

Name
Connor
Brian R said:
Connor said:
Do your subs OP? What's their compensation?
Some do, some don't.....50/50

Hey, I'd send jobs out all day long for $45 a pop and not having to do anything. Do you get 50% of upsales, too?

Do they carry your invoices for collecting non prepaid work? How do you get the money? How do you check their honesty?

Heck, I'd do nothing but send jobs to subs and even let them use my machine, but sell them chems and pads !gotcha!

You sure you don't want to grow the CCing business instead?

What I don't see is how they can make any money subbing @ $45.00 (least case scenario), even at OP costs. It would be impossible for somebody to HWE at that price.

Do you check your subs for insurance, business license and all that stuff?

What kind of margins are you at when you do your own work at "just cleaning" rates?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I've been through all this before.

The hardest part is people management.

Nobody is me.

There are ways to check on them.

50/50 of the entire ticket

Connor

Name
Connor
Brian R said:

Humor me, I haven't heard it, you don't mind going all OCD about shakes and your shinola du jour, why not humor me, maybe topical explanation of your carpet cleaning business's system will help potential ACN sign ups to understand your acumen.

I am just trying to understand if you are some sort of entrepreneurial jedi or just some guy whose formative years were decided by Short Attention Span Theater. :mrgreen:

Connor

Name
Connor
Brian R said:
Done. It worked. I wonder why?

I dunno, but if you talked about Visalus and how much weight you've lost, they'd see the dark circles under your eyes and assume that your weight loss was due to arsenic poisoning from the shakes. :mrgreen:

Connor

Name
Connor
Brian R said:
I thought I dun answered all yer kwestions.

What's next?

Jeez, Brian, talk about short attention span, I SAID IT WAS IN THIS THREAD!!

Connor said:
Brian R said:

You sure you don't want to grow the CCing business instead?

What I don't see is how they can make any money subbing @ $45.00 (least case scenario), even at OP costs. It would be impossible for somebody to HWE at that price.

Do you check your subs for insurance, business license and all that stuff?

What kind of margins are you at when you do your own work at "just cleaning" rates?

Humor me, I haven't heard it, you don't mind going all OCD about shakes and your shinola du jour, why not humor me, maybe topical explanation of your carpet cleaning business's system will help potential ACN sign ups to understand your acumen.

I am just trying to understand if you are some sort of entrepreneurial jedi or just some guy whose formative years were decided by Short Attention Span Theater. :mrgreen:

Now, do you get it?

dgargan

Re: Online Store Front. Scheduling online

Richard I looked into fiddle bug last year and it is a great program but extremely expensive. I'm looking for other options. I wish service monster would add this feature

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
You sure you don't want to grow the CCing business instead? I've done that

What I don't see is how they can make any money subbing @ $45.00 (least case scenario), even at OP costs. It would be impossible for somebody to HWE at that price. Very seldom do we come out with the minimum.

Do you check your subs for insurance, business license and all that stuff? Yes

What kind of margins are you at when you do your own work at "just cleaning" rates? About 80% now OPing and my repeat rate.

I decided to sub out all my work until I bought an Orbot for fun cleaning...and other reasons. lol

I am just trying to understand if you are some sort of entrepreneurial jedi or just some guy whose formative years were decided by Short Attention Span Theater

In the hot seat interviews you will see some notes on my cleaning structure as it started out when I jumped off the truck.

I sub some
Lease Some
Mini Franchise some
Advertise for some
Refer out to some.

It's complicated...But it's worked out really well.

It's just too late tonight to go into details....You could always search through all my posts. !gotcha!

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I get into other ventures because I can....Not because I "have to".

Not sure why anyone would think otherwise.

I try some things....and some things work better than others.

I've made $3700 in under 30 days doing this part time. My team is #1 in North America for January at my level (starts over every month).

My bonuses top out at $3000 for Jan but there was a quick start bonus for Jan (that's when I joined).

They will top out at $7000 soon.

This is separate from the residual income which is a little slower growing.....For obvious reasons.

I actually signed up my apt mgr to do this and we are switching all the tennants over to our Electric Company.

We figured if half do it then it will be approx $250,000 billing every month.

She get's 5% of that

Do the math....This venture is no joke.

Oh, I get a 3% overriding residual because she is in my down line of course.

Again....This is a good thing.

Feel free to call me.

Connor

Name
Connor
Brian R said:
I get into other ventures because I can....Not because I "have to".

Not sure why anyone would think otherwise.

I try some things....and some things work better than others.

I've made $3700 in under 30 days doing this part time. My team is #1 in North America for January at my level (starts over every month).

My bonuses top out at $3000 for Jan but there was a quick start bonus for Jan (that's when I joined).

They will top out at $7000 soon.

This is separate from the residual income which is a little slower growing.....For obvious reasons.

I actually signed up my apt mgr to do this and we are switching all the tennants over to our Electric Company.

We figured if half do it then it will be approx $250,000 billing every month.

She get's 5% of that

Do the math....This venture is no joke.

Oh, I get a 3% overriding residual because she is in my down line of course.

Again....This is a good thing.

Feel free to call me.

Finally, some skrait answers. :mrgreen:

I didn't know you had a hotseat interview.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom