OP for the first time

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
I tried the jiggler out today on my living room, 18 year old nylon. Tried peroxcellent out at 5 ozs per 1/2 gallon. The pads were damp first and then used. It took about the same time to dry as my tm and looked about the same. How do you guys vacum the carpet before you leave a house. Do you just vacum even if it is wet. Or just groom the rug as ussual.

John G.

If you left it as wet HWE you have it TOO wet!

First time padding and it looks about the same as with your TM, COOL, imagine what you could do with a little practice?

If you suck water into your vac the carpet is WAY too wet and probably would have looked better as well if you used some dry pads to dry it up.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Glad to see John posting CC again!

OP is deceptively easy...like riding a bike. With time you can embarrass most guys' TM skills with it.

A great tool.

woodsey

You get better as you go. Just finished a 3rd floor apt about an hour ago with a brute. Went fast and looked great after using vac to suck up the loosened fibers and groom carpet. Its a great weapon to have in the arsenal . Woodsey

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Most of the time carpet looks great after preconditioning and scrubbing but before extraction. I still pull out the wand because I want to actually clean not just make the carpet look good long enough to get paid :shock: .

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Uh oh...the thread that launched a thousand threads.

Peroxcellent and Oping is all I do now (when I clean ...not my subs).

If the carpet is too wet for vacuuming...give it 10 minutes.

I can't spray too far ahead of myself or the carpet is dry before I go to clean it....sometimes it looks clean before I go to clean it too. Ivebeensold

Ace wrote
I still pull out the wand because I want to actually clean not just make the carpet look good long enough to get paid :shock: .

If you think OPing isn't cleaning...yer crazy.
You just pull out the wand to make yourself feel better for spending all that money on the thing sucking through it.
Just jabbin ya....don't go apeshit on me. shiteatinggrin

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
After looking at the carpet this morning, I have a different opinion about op. It worked awesome on my carpet. I will be testing it out on some rentals next week and report back. No, I am not getting rid of my butler. But I will be saving some gas money this year.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I love my system....and very low overhead

beforeandafter2.jpg

beforeandafter21.jpg

No unhappy customers as of yet.

rick imby

Name
Rick
Come on Bryan,

Spring for a real camera if you can't get the red out of your phone.

Your pictures are horrible.

Aren't you all about Presentation?

Rick

Have fun in Nashville

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Church job this am: Old olefin CGD in dining room off of kitchen. Lots of food spills. Seemed like a good application for encap. Used Brute, cotton pads, Snake Oil, and Cyclone.

By the time I had it looking decent, I could have HWE'ed and post-padded it, and had lunch.

I keep trying, but can rarely get encap to work better than HWE.

Jim Nazarian

Name
Jim Nazarian
I haven't found OP to be faster then HWE, but in a hall with drink spills Padcapping is the way to go if you want to avoid wicking (annual HWE is adviswd).

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Jim Nazarian said:
I haven't found OP to be faster then HWE, but in a hall with drink spills Padcapping is the way to go if you want to avoid wicking (annual HWE is adviswd).

You're right. I HWE this room a couple times per year with no wicking, but it had more spills on it today. Still, I think I could have HWE'd it and had it dry, with no wicking, in less time than it took me to OP it.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
John G. said:
Ace, how do you get out those really tough stains HWE won't remove?

That not an issue for me. If it is for you, upgarde from that 100 psi porty.

John G.

Yeah, lots of them, give me a call, i would be happy to help you speed up a LOT.
859-744-3311

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Wayne Miller said:
Sounds like you've almost come full circle, Brian. Welcome back. lol

Ha, thanks Wayne.

By the way everyone, it's "Padcapping" residential. We don't just spray and scrub...we also clean.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom