Op machine versus Rotary 175 Bonnet

DavidVB

Op with cotton is much more aggressive than a 175 with synthetic. I didn't think there was any debate about that. There are carpets where that aggressive action will visibly do damage and I suspect a lot more times where some damage is done that does not show to the naked eye. The rotary is much safer. I love my CX20 but not on all carpets.

If the purpose was to compare machines, why didn't they use a cotton pad under the rotary or even use a 300 rpm rotary? This is just a sales demo.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I think the op would be better suited for cgd or possibly berber. I think any carpet with a pile you risk pile distortion running that many rpms. you would also have to have alot of lube or you will run into friction probles at that rpm. And no you are not getting all directions on an op machine , you do get all directions on a cimex machine however. Maybe that can be the next debate op versus cimex..... cimex wins

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We recently had a nursing home when we encapped with the Cimex and OP with the Orbot in opposite wings of the facility.

It was difficult to see any real difference, the only noticeable difference was the speed that the OP wing dried.

While they were impressed with the cleaning in both wings, they chose to have us OP the rest of the facility because it dried faster.

Junior...you seem to be still confusing oscillations with rpm. OP is killer on cgd and berber. Since the Cimex is twice the money ...is it twice as good as an OP machine?

rctpks said:
We recently had a nursing home when we encapped with the Cimex and OP with the Orbot in opposite wings of the facility.

It was difficult to see any real difference, the only noticeable difference was the speed that the OP wing dried.

While they were impressed with the cleaning in both wings, they chose to have us OP the rest of the facility because it dried faster.

This looks to be a definitive answer... :)

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
OP FOOOL!! On Builders Grade Poly Frieze Host All Day Log. I have a new gig going with my Host on this Crap. Straight pimpin the Poly Frieze. That has been kickin my ass for the last two years. No more wear areas BABY!!!. Later I have to go second job of the day. I am swamped.

Golden Boy

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Host?

Get real dude, that stuff dries out and joins the other side.

Before you know it, you have a dust problem. Now I don't own a liberator, but a regular vacuum does a poor job of complete removal.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
rctpks said:
Host?

Get real dude, that stuff dries out and joins the other side.

Before you know it, you have a dust problem. Now I don't own a liberator, but a regular vacuum does a poor job of complete removal.

I have a Liberator and a vacuum works way better than the Liberator. I like my Lib, but it doesn't suck worth $hit:shock:

Willy P

Name
Willy P
It plugs up with the sponge cob something fierce and is a royal pita to clear. It is great for yanking crap up out of the carpet though and the post vac will fill the cup/bag pretty quick. Gotta run, day off and a Sapranos episode that I've seen 40 times already is coming on!!! (Saprano junkie:)

JeffC

Name
Jeff
I've had 2 op machines and sold/traded both of them and gone back to my cimex machines and variable speed (175-300rpm) Clark buffer. I never could see any real benefit of op over my Cimexes, in fact in most cases I was happier with appearance after using the cimex machine. It seemed that sometimes on dirty carpet I'd first use my cimex, then I would go over it with the op as I felt better knowing more dirt was removed. Although it didn't really look that much different.

What I've decided to do now is use the cimex first then, if necessary, go over it with my buffer and absorbant pad. I haven't given it a full workout yet but am hopeful. Of course there are times when it needs hwe. ( I only clean commercial) This is not a slam on the op method as I know many that have gotten excellent results but I finally gave up on it. I think for me I'd prefer a cimex and a rotary buffer over an op machine as the buffer can be used for tons of other applications as well. I have 3 cimex machines which has been hands-down the best investment I've ever made for large commercial carpet cleaning. I can't say I've used my buffer as a stand alone encapping machine though.

Jeff

JeffC

Name
Jeff
Richard,
As soon as I figure out where all these loose, burnt wires on the Cimex go I'm sure I'll feel the same way.
Jeff

P.S Actually I used it over the weekend and it runs real smooth.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I told you we could use another fire! :lol:
Actually the crews are back out so don't start any...yet!

It was always a good machine, and we don't put the use on them that you do. (I wish we did)

Having 2-Obot's and 2-Cimex's gives us better balance!

Thanks!

Jeff Brown

Name
Jeff Brown
I did some test a while back, op vs rotary. I stained a carpet, used the same pre spray for both. I scrubbed with the rotary first then cotton pad.
I used the same type cotton pad on the op.
The results were the op took out stains the rotary could not.

rick imby

Name
Rick
It would be interesting to see the same test as above with a Clean Freak brush on the 175.
Rick

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom