op question..

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
ok i have a 8th floor appt with cut pile pretty clean off white carpet to clean. running hose is not a option and i would rather not use my porty because it is a pos..so i am looking to do my first op job.
am i better off getting using my cimex with pads on it or am i better off using my floor mach with cotton pads? i dont have a real op mach so i am limited to what i have.
it is 4 rooms and it will be empty.
help and advise would be great..
thanks
dave

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
ok steve..i was ready to order some 7" pads and look like that ass that i am..
so i just get some cotton pads spray down some hot knife and let he rip..when the pads get dirty switch them out and away i go?
is it that simple?
dave

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Vacuum. Treat gum/red stains... Then cimex it with 70/30 Hot Knife & Padcap Pro . Bonnet w/ rotary after the scrub. Watch the magic.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I've used the Cimex with the bonnets and while it can be done, you're going to be better off with the rotary.

Too much pad changing, it's works and if you were Cimexing other areas then it would make sense to throw have a couple of sets to do that area. Since you don't really need the Cimex the rotary is lighter, easier to cart up to the apt. Hot Knife, Pad cap pro or Rick's new juice with the bightner in it would work.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
ok so you guys are saying i am cool with just a floor mach and a pad. i dont need a real op machine?
i was worried that the floor mach would screw with the carpet or something. anything to worry about or is it just another day at the office?
dave

Greenie

You said it's not that dirty, just padcap it with the rotary, use your favorite juice, I think you said you use Releasit at one time? Use some thin ones (synthetic looped low profile bonnets) and you'll be fine after a quick groom.

Then....sell that POS porty and drop $2K on a high perf. machine (that you can use your TM tools and hoses on) so you never have to hack out an 8th floor again...cause it's gonna actually be dirty next time.

G

I know you said it was a pos,but I would clean with the porty then follow up with rotary and pads.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
so how many pads do you think i need..it is 3-4 room of not that dirty at all carpet.
can i just get a few and rinse them as they get dirty or is that way too much of a pia??
thanks for the help
dave
p.s. greenie give me a ring or a email with a good number for you please

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
man this is going to be a pain in the assssss.
thanks for the advise and i will post up before/during and after pics.
i am doing the job wed afternoon
dave

Pmatte

Name
Patrick Matte
Use your cimex to drop and agitate your juice then come back with you 175 with a black scrub pad/ cotton op pad combo-damp op pad ,followed with a dry op pad.The 7 inch bonnet pads will do ...ok but thats about it.
Yeah I know it sucks to have to drag out 2 machines but the results will be worth it.

Greenie

Hey...u guys are trying to hard, you are actually trying to get it clean, Dave just wants to blow the dust off...He did say it wasn't dirty carpet.

Buy a box of 10 Tu-way thin synthetic bonnets, (look like the green striped ones, sans the green)plus you'll have them for years, it's a good investment, and don't look back, you'll be fine with a padcap experience and a pump up sprayer, allocate 1 gal. RTU juice per room, 2 on big rooms. Plus it will go pretty quick once the vacuuming is done.

Back
Top Bottom