OP ripping up pads

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
I have the Brute but got the new driver and weight from Clark. My pads get ripped up due to the new driver vs John's brush driver. Can I sand down the little spikes or is there another solution?. I'm using Gladiator pads.

thanks,
Albert

Brian L

Name
Brian L
Take the driver off the machine and grind the spikes and t-hooks down a little by rubbing the driver on the cement. It worked for me.

What was wrong with John's driver? His driver works good with cotton and glads.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Thanks Brian, I'll try that.

The other driver kept bunching up the glad pads. Clark's make the machine run smoother. I'm wondering if the Brute needed some kind of tune up because it didn't do it before. I've checked the bearings before and they seem fine. Beats me.

Albert

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Just run tuways, they hold more dirt than you know.

I take them home after a job and soak them overnight.
Lots of time the water is black in the morning.

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
I am relatively new on the OP scene. I have enjoyed the use of it so far, but I am trying to figure out when to use what pads and how many different types of pads there are to use. Can someone build me some cliff notes with pictures on the different types of pads and when and where to use the most effectively? Maybe should be a stand alone topic?

Thanks!!

Cottons clean the best, but are to agressive for some carpets, and you have to chang pads offten

Glad pads are gentle and pull soil real good, but not quite as well as cottons or combos.
They hold alot more dirt so you don't have to chage pads as offten.

Combo pads are in between cotton, and Glads.

Tuways don't pull much soil, and mainly for encap only cleaning or as a pre-scub prior to glads or cottons.

Fiber pads for encap only, or pre scrub

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Tuways do to pull a lot of dirt.

They just absorb it so its not seen unlike a cotton which shows the black grime.

Raedan

I have found cotton to aggressive for me.You need to use gliders. At least I do.Glad pads much better. I have used Tuways on rotary machines and I have found they do pull and hold a lot of soil. If I'm bonnet cleaning I'll use Tuways every time. Never tried them on my OP though.

Joe

Mikey P

Administrator
Wow Jimmy, you are as dumb as you look.

Girt is one thing but oily soil is what were really there to get out.

But you knew that.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Brian's suggestion worked great. I did use a twoway spelling with the green scrub bristles for a few traffic areas. Helped out but needed the gladiators to pick more stuff up.

Albert

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom