Opinion of one thing on my website (Changes made)

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Should I ditch the lady at top center and just leave the testimonial? It's a stock photo but I think It may be leading people to believe that I am trying to use a stock photo and make it seem like the real person.

Not too mention, the eyes are drawn right to her upon opening the page and I'm not sure that's where I want them to go.
What do you think?
Keep her, change her, ditch her?

Thanks for the help.

Priority Carpet Cleaning Website

[center:v3unn50x]Her[/center:v3unn50x]
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>?
[iframe:v3unn50x]http://www.prioritycleandfw.com/[/iframe:v3unn50x]

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Re: Opinion of one thing on my website

Brian,
You could go both ways.
You are right and the eye goes there first thing, which is good and bad.
What it does accomplish is that you immediately read the testimonial.
So, if you feel that it creates trust which is most important, leave it.

I am not sure I would put someone younger instead. That will give it much more of a stock photo feel and take away from the credibility. (Everybody these days have pictures of a beautiful woman, beautiful pets and the indispensable adorable kid- makes one want to puke. CHEAP!)

joe harper

Name
joe harper

kolfer1 said:
Brian,
You could go both ways.
You are right and the eye goes there first thing, which is good and bad.
What it does accomplish is that you immediately read the testimonial.
So, if you feel that it creates trust which is most important, leave it.

I am not sure I would put someone younger instead. That will give it much more of a stock photo feel and take away from the credibility. (Everybody these days have pictures of a beautiful woman, beautiful pets and the indispensable adorable kid- makes one want to puke. CHEAP!)

"I am pUrtY sUrE.."..brian...DOES ...go both WAY's... !gotcha!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave

Arms can act as the doorway to the body and the self. When they are crossed, they form a closed defensive shield, blocking out the outside world. Shields act in two ways: one is to block incoming attacks and the other is a place behind which the person can hide and perhaps not be noticed.

Crossed arms may thus indicate anxiety which is either driven by a lack of trust in the other person or an internal discomfort and sense of vulnerability (that may, for example, be rooted in childhood trauma).

The extent of crossing indicates how firmly closed the person is. This may range from a light cross to arms folded to arms wrapped around the person. An extreme version which may indicate additional hostility is a tight close with hands formed as fists. If legs are crossed also then this adds to the signal.

The hands in an arm-cross may also be used to hold the person in a reassuring self-hug, for example holding upper arms in a folded-arms position or wrapped around the torso, holding the sides. If the thumbs are up, this may indicate some approval or agreement with what is being said.

Crossed arms, especially when holding one another can show the person to be trying to keep themselves still. This can be to suppress any signals. It may also indicate repressed anger (I have to hold myself to prevent myself hitting you). In some cultures it also signals that the person is holding themself still so they can pay greater attention to you (and is hence a compliment).

When arms are not crossed, they expose the torso and the person, making them more vulnerable. This signifies comfort that often indicates trust. It can also be power position that dares the other person to attack whilst knowing that the other person dare not.

Crossed arms is a very obvious signal and if you do it in front of other people they will likely feel rejected and respond accordingly (including not agreeing with you).

Note that not all crossed arms are defensive. Sometimes folded arms, for example, are just a relaxed position. Crossed arms are also used when the person is cold (this is typically done with hands tucked under armpits to keep them warm).

A common method sales people use to break a crossed-arms closed position is to give the person something to hold or otherwise ask them to use their hands.
:shock:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison

The arms crossed are for the "satisfied" and "re-assured" look. I've looked into it. She is older as to not intimidate (like Harper) and also add the "wise" edge (not "Wise-Ass" Harpo shiteatinggrin ).

So if SHE is satisfied, YOU surely will as well. !gotcha!

My main concern is the drawing of the eyes away from the call to action and the list of services.
Kolfer is right in that the eyes going to the testimonial is not a bad thing. And it does keep the eyes to the top of the screen.

Another concern is too many photos on the page to cause chaos (that's "Kay Oss" Harper).

And I only went the other way once and I didn't like it. Maybe you were doing it wrong Harp?
Man you drive one car and suddenly you're a car driver. Man. :roll: :shock:

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen

Brian R said:
How old are you again Mr. Chavez?
Richard is living proof of Nick Paolella's famous line: "You're only young once but you can act immature forever!"

Words to live by!

Island Boy

PS What conversion rate are you running, Brian? Also don't forget you can do an A/B test. Matt just did this with the SFS site and we found a dramatic difference so we'll be changing the format soon.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave

Richard is living proof of Nick Paolella's famous line: "You're only young once but you can act immature forever!"

Words to live by!
LOL I love that line!

Tony asked me a few months back when I was going to grow up and I told him NEVER! :mrgreen:

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow

Showing it to undersexed carpet cleaners is imo a waste of time. Find 10 people in your emo and show them a few different options and then use their input.

Personally breasts 2/3 of the way to the belly are not my cup of tea visually but then I am not your target. :mrgreen:

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen

Ken Snow said:
Showing it to undersexed carpet cleaners is imo a waste of time... Personally breasts 2/3 of the way to the belly are not my cup of tea visually but then I am not your target. :mrgreen:
That seems a little harsh, Ken. Danny Strickland is pretty proud of his man boobs and all that VOC sniffing was bound to affect his sex drive. :)

Island Boy

PS I like the site as it is, Brian, but I'm not the stud that Ken is. Test two different models/placement- one per week and then look carefully at your Google Analytics. Undersexed or not carpet cleaners are not your target market and this is not the place to get serious input.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison

Steve Toburen said:
[quote="Brian R":11k0w36i]

PS What conversion rate are you running, Brian? Also don't forget you can do an A/B test. Matt just did this with the SFS site and we found a dramatic difference so we'll be changing the format soon.
[/quote:11k0w36i]

About 16%
Hard to track conversion rates when we are just "asking" how they heard about us.
And, how many repeat customers are going back to the website to get a number after a year or so?

You can do a test in the webmaster tools on Google. haven't done it yet.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison

Ken and Steve,
Thanks for the help. I generally know this isn't the greatest place for input as a whole. But sometimes someone will bring up a point that I didn't think of......like not showing it to carpet cleaners. lol

She is going to stay for a while as I work on my other sites.

I will shoot an email to my favorite focus group for my marketing (about 10 female home owners) and see what they think. They love to help and always give it to me straight....their opinions you pervs.

PTMatt

Name
Matt Martinez

Brian,

I'd personally ditch it. It looks like a stock photo and you already have alot going on on your homepage. The testimonial is good enough.

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas

I like it. I think the older woman doesn't look like a super model which adds believability.

But for added believability why not get a few real photos of your super satisfied clients standing in there living rooms. Or even do a few short video clip of customers thanking you for a great job.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison

Encapman,
I put myself and my company out into the virtual world so much that I tend to get assholes screwing with me on a fairly regular basis.
I don't put "real" photos of customers because I don't want them to come even a close to being subjected to that.
Not sure it would matter too much really....but some things I didn't think would matter did. And I regret doing them.

I don't stay local enough to keep it on the down low. lol

I'm leaning towards taking her down if only for the "too much going on" aspect. Thanks Matt.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret

Brian your website looks fine. I must say that from a consumer point of view I think you have way to much stuff on your welcome page. It kinda bombards you when the page first comes up . I would think that someone so critical of everyone elses page would have a little bit more of consumer friendly website . In my opinion as well as a couple people I asked your welcome page is way too clustered

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum

You have more to be worried about than your photo.

Your placement sucks.

That map listing has no web cred.

What's up wit that?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison

Dave Yoakum said:
You have more to be worried about than your photo.

Your placement sucks.

That map listing has no web cred.

What's up wit that?

Yeah, for Dallas I recently screwed up. Funny how you can mess things up by accidently typing something in wrong. lol
Proof read your ads. lol

I also have a new location for Dallas and I am using that ONE instead of the others.

I'll be back in a couple of weeks or so.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner

I didn't mind the woman on top (haha) drew my eyes to the testimonial, she looks more the professional type that all women would relate to.

The call to action above the phone number gets lost in the copy and "all black lettering". With it being crowded like that maybe make the call to action the same colour as the phone number.

The services I found I got lost in the pics, they didn't attract my eye at all. What about bigger letters and bold font?
The buttons underneath could be down sized a little to give some balance to the page. Almost too many things on that page that are trying to grab attention.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison

Ron, you are absolutely right. I couldn't have said it better.

The font at the top is for SEO. Title for the page. Need to work on that with the call to action.

I was working on the photo buttons for the services last night...too many (8 in all). Bringing it down to 4 and making them a little larger. The staple services Carpet, Tile, Scotchgard, Grout Sealer.

Ron wrote
The buttons underneath could be down sized a little to give some balance to the page. Almost too many things on that page that are trying to grab attention.

I'll have to look into those as well.
I'll post my Sacramento site and my Dallas site for kind of a "before and after" because they are so similar right now.

Thanks

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison

You can see the changes I made to the first one at the beginning of the thread

Here is pretty much what it used to look like

Which is better?

[iframe:3ino2ia9]http://www.carpetcleaning916.com[/iframe:3ino2ia9]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom