Opinion on new card?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Which on is better...and why. Thanks

showcertCASHZWH8.jpg

Copyofservice1postcardrsvp2.jpg

Smart ass comments are always welcome but please accompany that will a real choice...This includes you Bob, Odin, Mikey, Admaral...etc.

I will be mailing one out.
And not the other.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I pick #2

Here's why,

The stock photos are larger and easier to see, The dog looks guilty,The house picture looks more elegant while the carpet cleaning picture on #1 is overused. The phone number pops better with the red background although, I think the web address could be larger.(Also test to make sure the postal barcode doesn't cover any copy)

I like the headline on the #1 card better (Just add see back for details). I do think that a company name isn't a very compelling headline.

Dave-

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
niether of cards say why we should use your company
Are you any better than stanley soaker
why?
Say it.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
handdi said:
niether of cards say why we should use your company
Are you any better than stanley soaker
why?
Say it.

Thanks both of you.

I didn't want to "knock" other cleaners but I agree, there isn't a "reason" to use me. I'll look into it.
I was trying to let the pics speak for themselves and didn't want to muddy up the front too much.

It will be in a pack with others so the bar code won't matter.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
your main photo is me in the first pic and then your tile pic is mine on the second(with the staircse)

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Matt Murdock said:
your main photo is me in the first pic and then your tile pic is mine on the second(with the staircse)

Really? These were photo's that the place came up with. Did you take the pictures or buy them?
Maybe I shouldn't be posting my stuff on here? lol.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
one was taken the other was ina program. It is no big deal, anything I have is yours

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
#2 Pretty much the same reasons Dave has mentioned.

There should something that makes your company stand out. You don't want to sell just the concept of cleaning but sell your company in particular. Then a call to action. Maybe those will be on the reverse side, but they should be included.

Scott Warrington

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Those are stock photos. Go to istock.com and you can use them for $1 per photo.

Then you can make your own copy and look like the big boys.

The carpet cleaning photo is everywhere.

Wayne Miller

Name
Wayne Miller
The cleaning pic in the top one is popping up EVERYWHERE. It's been downloaded over 1300 times.

Sounds like the last mailing worked well, I'm sure the next will do fine, too. Just a few thoughts.

Company names don't make for very compelling headlines. In terms of emotional draw I'd rank it about equal to a return address. If people like your message they'll find your name. We like to see our names in print. Customers like to read what we're gonna do for them. Use a headline that conveys a benefit or makes them chuckle or does something to cause them to read more about you.

Like Randy said, what's the benefit of using you? Your USP, your unique benefit, should be front and center.

While the arrangement of pics is nice I'd build a message around a headline and a single, emotionally captivating image.

Contrast it with this RSVP advertiser's ad (I substituted Smitty & Miller's). Would it be any more likely to catch your attention, say more and give you a reason to call?

RSVP2.jpg

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Steven Hoodlebrink said:
Hey Brian...gullible is written on the ceiling too.
:roll: looking up. :cry: :D

I starting seeing the cleaning pic everywhere when I was looking for the other pics.

I designed #2 (from other ideas)
#1 was done by the company mailing them for me.
Wasn't real happy with #1 which went out already but I was getting in last minute.

I will work on #2 (sounds like I am using the restroom) and hopefully it will work out.

The first mailing has made my money back and I have more jobs scheduled for this week and next from them. So it's working pretty well so far.
I will post an update in the "wish me luck" thread a little later.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom