opinions on door sealers

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
Do they work well? Are they worth the $90 or more I've seen them advertised for? Before I got in this business I company came to the house and used one in early spring. I don't know if they didn't put it in right but my door was open more with the door sealer than if they hadn't used it? Maybe it's because my door opens inside and not outside.. most pictures I see of them are on doors that open to the outside.. :?

I see Magic Wand is selling them as a loss leader at $40 and they now have a $300 online minimum order to get free shipping. I was thinking of just buying the sealer/door drape but didn't want to spend $60 bucks in shipping. I could buy it reg. price and just pick up a gallon of pre-spray and meet shipping minimums at other distys.

Can anyone else share their experiences?
Thanks

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I would try to get one soon they sell out fast. Last year I had to get mine from another person on the BB(Diamond Brian. where did he go)
I always pin the door shut with my spotting bag and adjust the puff to fit in the door

M

Mr Carpet

They work great in most situations. Certainty much better than not using one at all and freezing out the customer.

Get one and buy an oversized door stopper at the hardware store.

Dave-

FreeMarketingForever.com

John Buxton

I use one on almost every job. I'm going to buy a second one to put on the storm door to block those high winds that tend to open the inside door.

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
To keep the door real tight hook a 10-12 inch bungee with a small hook to the metal piece in the door frame that the latch goes through...Compress the door seal real good while wrapping the bungee around the door knob 2 or 3 times then attach it to itself.

Usually when I seal a door I just use another to go in and out.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
they work

certainly better than nothing at all or hanging drops cloths/moving blankets over them

the attached door stopper that comes with them is too low to hold some doors.
So when you loose the taller hardware store door stop you buy, just use a foam furniture block on end
(you always have some of those)

..L.T.A.

LeeCory

Honestly is there ANYONE that does not use a door drape? Good Greif

As door drapes go I think Bane Clene has the nicest one out there. It is not like those crappy ones you see on Jondon or other places. I have owned mine for years and would never do a job without it.

You don't have to search any further.... this is the one to get.

http://www.baneclene.com/catalog/catalogframe.html Then type in "door drape" in the search box

It is Amish made and will last forever. It is not the cheapest so that means that many of you will not take my advice and you will get the $40 one and wont realize what a stupid mistake you made.

Walt

Questions.

I've used a foam one but found that it didn't fit many doors. Do these work better?

Does the door drape fit none standard doors???

LeeCory

Whatever you buy, just don't get one that has that foam thing... lol

That is what is nice about the Bane door drape, it is simply a thick material that does it's job. Put the drape on and put a jug against the door to hold it shut....

Don't be afraid to buy it just because Bane sells it.

LeeCory

Kevin, We are all entitled to our opinions "even when they are wrong"...

Do you still have that piece of crap? If so I will take it off your hands for half the selling price! A good deal for you, and me....

Send me an email if you are interested.

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
Lee, you already have one!!!

Kevin, I'll buy it off you for half price plus 1 dollar. :lol:

What style of door drape to you use?

But seriously, if you really don't use it, and want to sell itm I'm interested too because I need something to use.

Thanks

Pmatte

Name
Patrick Matte
I've actually had to repair a torn elastic strip(no biggie) and add more insulation/re sew to make it better.I'll more than likely modify it even more to increase the "rh value" at the bottom by sewing on a lower flap.Hook up at front door and go in/out in the garage.
Patrick

Able 1

Name
Keith
I recieved the one from Bane today, seems to be very well made.

LeeCory

Keith, Cool, hope you like it as much as I do... I use a 2 1/2 gallon jug to put against the door to hold it shut. Whatever you use make sure it is heavy enough to keep it shut even if there is a wind, yet allows the silly customers to push it open from the outside when they don't have enough sense to use another door.

Able 1

Name
Keith
To keep doors closed I usually use my EZ furniture movers one or two stacked and jammed under the door. This makes it possible to go in and out and they just slide on the floor... Thanks for the tip though!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom