Opinions on Rotovac 36 I

bluestreak

I presently run a portable machine. I was gonna buy a new porty but someone (Rotovac salesman) suggested my life would be alot easier with this Rotovac 36 I. I saw where streaking or burning of carpet might be a problem. I have never run into this problem with a wand. Appreciate any of your comments. (Price was around $2260.00) Are they worth it?

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Its called Rotovac 360i

Now you should become best friends with the search button on the top right and spend the next few hours reading about it. Its been talked about sooooo much- I don't know what else is there to be said.

I hear its a great little tool.. I wouldn't wana run it with a portable though...

Name
Nate W.
Zalan Szabo (zee) said:
Its called Rotovac 360i

Now you should become best friends with the search button on the top right and spend the next few hours reading about it. Its been talked about sooooo much- I don't know what else is there to be said.

I hear its a great little tool.. I wouldn't wana run it with a portable though...

Why wouldn't you run it with a portable? I do when I do condo's and apts, most customers are like blowme my carpets can look that good? I use a dual 3-stage portable when my TM won't reach and carpets dry very nicely within 4-6 hours depending on weather/AC/windows... If it's an occupied unit, they get a airpath... You should see the stuff I have to take up... :shock:

h]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aP9xqRv-WCIh]

Walt

I've used it my portable. It works well, but man what bunch of cords. It's a hassle. I don't think it will make your life easier. Save the money and get a used floor machine save up for a tm.

Name
Nate W.
Ron Werner said:
Gees Nate, you stripped the colour out of that carpet!!

What's your procedure and chems?

Nice work

Vacuum first, then pre spray with zone perfect, let dwell as I setup the machine and what not. Let the mytee hotbox heat up while feeding it hot tap water. If the carpet has a residue problem (most condos do) put some defoamer in the waste tank. I run 4 cords, 2 for extractor, 1 heater, 1 rv360i. Rinse the sh!t out of the carpet. I do use Judson 02 rinse. Excess dry strokes is a must ie... 1wet pass followed by 2 dry passes. 50% over lap. It's just the way I clean. Minimum charge is well above average.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Walt said:
I've used it my portable. It works well, but man what bunch of cords. It's a hassle. I don't think it will make your life easier. Save the money and get a used floor machine save up for a tm.

That there is great advice. If you don't have a 175, one that's at least 15", not a lightweight toy one, that should be in your arsenal. You will get the dramatic cleaning results that Nate displayed in his video with the 360i. and the 175 will be more versatile and much more (decades more) durable than the 360i. Prespray, 175 with a medium stiff carpet brush, flush with a 2" high flow wand. No one will be able to touch you.

bluestreak

Yea, loving the feedback. Im taking it all in! Im looking to be the best portable cleaner I can. Choices are new portable or adding to my present one. Right now I run a 350 psi., 2 2 stage vac system. Looking at 500 psi and 2 3 stage vacs if Rotovac option does not work out. Thats why I value your opinions

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Walt said:

Friggin' rookies :lol: -I have 2 cords for machine, 2 cords for heater and one for the RV(when I will use it), plus hoses and it isn't that difficult if you set it up properly. I have a 175 and a crb, both good tools and both have their place., as the RV will.

Bluestreak - RUN LIKE HELL FROM THE NINJA WARRIOR if you're replacing your machine. One year, both vac motors, pump motor, unloader, and pump head rebuilt.The warranty covered the pump motor, nothing else. It looks cool, but it's a piece of $hit, put together with the lowest common denominator in parts

John Olson

Name
John Olson
While it is really unfortunate that Willy has had problems we have had ZERO problems with the Ninja. Out of the dozen I have sold we have had ZERO problems so I will have to respectfully disagree with willy's description. :mrgreen:

P.S. The 360i rocks and Mikeysboard members that call get a special deal on these when ordering though us. :)

Willy P

Name
Willy P
I can only go on my experience John and it hasn't been a good one. The warranty has more holes than a screen door. I have the receipts to prove it. The switches have held up well , but damn near every thing else took a shit on me. A repair I had done after 2 months was charged out to me until I had a scream at Prochem. Not the way I run my business or would it induce me to deal with a company that runs theirs that way.

P.S. - After the pump head was rebuilt, it still won't hold it's prime. (The reason I had it rebuilt in the first place)

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Art Kelley said:
Walt said:

That there is great advice. If you don't have a 175, one that's at least 15", not a lightweight toy one, that should be in your arsenal. You will get the dramatic cleaning results that Nate displayed in his video with the 360i. and the 175 will be more versatile and much more (decades more) durable than the 360i. Prespray, 175 with a medium stiff carpet brush, flush with a 2" high flow wand. No one will be able to touch you.

this works with a TM but becomes impractical with a portable, unless you're running autofill and dump. Not many portables will accommodate a 2" wand.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
art, i agree that the 175 is very versatile, i have and use one but the original 2 cup rotovac outcleans the 175 and wand every time. with two of us one used to scrub while the other used the wand to rinse, but we have found it must faster to rotovac the middle and the other guy cuts in. its cleaner and faster. i think meat is in for a surprise when they have their little contest at Mikeyfest.

gene

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
I'm here to upset the apple cart.

I had to attend a water damage today in a rubber shop where they sell anything from floor mats to swimming pools.

I know for a fact this place had not been cleaned for at least two years.

Area was about thirty foot x fifteen, tan nylon carpet, which, although not squelchy, was still quite wet.

Several months back, I jerked my t/m from the van and replaced it with a MasterBlend TF3500.

This has since been replaced with a Rotovac CFX & Docking Station + 360i.

Due to a leak in the Docking Station, I only had on board the CFX and 360i.

(BTW, I'm also converting my Docking Station to auto fill, and installing a drain pipe for the 27 gallon solution water).

I didn't think I would be able to remove much water from the carpet using my medium water claw, so I hit it with the Rotovac set-up as above.

J.H.C. I was completely floored by the amount of water the 360i pulled out, and the staff were left open mouthed as they couldn't believe it either.

They had been working BARE FOOT all day in the wet carpet, when I was finished, they reckoned it was soft as, fluffy, and nearly dry.

The waste pipe was black with dirty water, & when I was finished, there was a heavy sludge in the waste tank base that hadn't been pumped out.

Power leads a hassle ?? Big deal, three flamin' leads, two for the CFX and one for the 360i.

At the prices I charge, I don't mind the hassle. shiteatinggrin

Cliff & Chuck Monson did me a great favour by selling me this equipment, which I had been procrastinating over for in excess of two years.

Ooroo,

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
ShortyDownUnder said:
Several months back, I jerked my t/m from the van and replaced it with a MasterBlend TF3500.

This has since been replaced with a Rotovac CFX & Docking Station + 360i.

Due to a leak in the Docking Station, I only had on board the CFX and 360i.

Ooroo,

Sounds awesome Shorty. You do your steam cleaning with the CFX? If so do you use a seperate pump or just hook to the tap?

Walt

Shorty,

Your system sounds great. I'd like to see it in action. Does it run on 220? We only have 110 outlets here. Frequently in Portland they are only 15 amp circuits which already have several lights plugged into them (can't work in the dark). I found three cords to be exhausting, but I only use the porty twice a month. The 360i did work well though. I use it daily with the my tm.

Either way, I think if you are on a budget, the floor machine is a good investment. You can normally find a decent one cheap. I wouldn't even consider buying a new one if price is an issue. You should be able get one for 300 bucks. I've bought several for less.

Get some fiber pads and you can presrub or encap. Get some bonnets and you can bonnet clean or post pad. For very little money up front, you can make a boat load.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Here in SF, sometime we have problems with the circuit breakers running two cords (not from same circuit)(currently using MyTee 1003-DX), I don't know how you guys can run 4 cords including a heater.

Ron, all the Mytee machines have a 2" vacuum hoses. And it works great- what a huge difference! Since I switched from the inch and a half, I easily run a 50 feet vacuum hose, using 12 flow. It leaves the carpet quite dry. Only problem- lots of buckets of water to keep the tank full- bummer. If anybody has a 11/2 portable with good powerful vacs it is well worth the hassle to convert to a 2"- incredible difference.

Like any truck mount owner, some time I'll go to extremes just to avoid using the portable. I hate the darn thing!

Back
Top Bottom