Orbitec Brute Problem

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Machine started making metal-on-metal racket today, and seized once when I flipped the switch. The steel collar/ring that is bolted to the plastic disc and surrounds the bearing is not attached to the bearing, but is floating free. This seems to be the source of the problem. I see no sign that it was welded to the bearing, and I think the motion is too violent for a press-fit. The bearing seems to be ok.

Does anyone know if the ring around the bearing is supposed to be attached, and if so, how?

Thanks.

Jeff Madsen

Supportive Member
Name
Jeff Madsen
John,

I think I know what you're talking about. I've owned a few OP machines myself. I think this is a press-fit - and yes, the motion is too violent for that. Hence, all the bearings and rings that I've replaced over the years.

Clark

John, You need to replace both the bearing housing and the plastic cup. The housing is a tight fit but not a press fit. It's the clamping action between the bearing housing and the plastic cup that makes the system work. The first run of the plastic cup did not clamp tight enough. This allowed the housing to move. Over time the problem you have will occur. Send an e-mail for parts clark@orbitecsolutions.com

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Called Clark's office. (Couldn't get to email add.) Lady sez parts shipping today. $33 for plastic cup, $12 for bearing housing. Very reasonable.

DavidVB

I've never had anyone stand behind their equipment the way Clark does. I'm convinced it is about more than money to him. He actually enjoys helping people.

Jeff Madsen

Supportive Member
Name
Jeff Madsen
I'll second that - or fourth that, or whatever. Clark always bends over backwards for us.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Re: Orbitec Brute Problem (& RX Arms)

Should have asked Clark's lady to overnight parts. Really messed up my arms RXing all day yesterday because I didn't have the Brute to prescrub. Woke up at 5:00 with my arms on fire.

Got tendonitis bad in both arms from RXing every job for years until I switched to prescrubbing with the Brute and rinsing with the Greenhorn last year. Arms were getting much better.

The Brute is easier on my arms because it isn't a rotary. I often have a good helper who prescrub but she's off for a few days.

Got a job in a a little while. Probably be breakin' out the Vicodin.

Whine, whine.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom