Ordinary man or the hero?

Luky

Name
Mario
I'm writing this post in the spirit of the 4th.
I had a customer yesterday, very humble, and outgoing, and as I learned later he was 74 years of age. After finishing the job it was time to get to know each other. I don't take lightly what I've learned about this gentleman. He told me his personal story. After high school, he enrolled in College and was on the gymnastics team. He hurt his back and was forced to quit the team. Then Vietnam War started and he was drafted. He completed three tours with Air Force. As a result of Agent Orange use in 'Nam, he suffered prostate cancer, had four heart attacks a has nine stents in his arteries. On top of that, in March of last year, his Jeep was T- boned at 60mph. Car was completely totaled, but Tony was able to exit through the driver's door, the only piece of metal that wasn't destroyed by the impact.

What a true survivor story. After all that, he doesn't complain and considers himself an ordinary man.
I'd say he's a hero.

Mikey P

Administrator
a real man... PXL_20230702_033557927.jpg

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
I’m not sure if he was a hero or not, but he was certainly unlucky. He must not have been much of a student to be drafted as a student. I’m pretty sure when he became draft eligible and in college, they were using the lottery system for the draft. When I became draft eligible after a divorce and reclassified, my first lottery number was 316😃 On the second go around, I was 346. After that, the war was over, and I was too old.🤣

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
I'm writing this post in the spirit of the 4th.
I had a customer yesterday, very humble, and outgoing, and as I learned later he was 74 years of age. After finishing the job it was time to get to know each other. I don't take lightly what I've learned about this gentleman. He told me his personal story. After high school, he enrolled in College and was on the gymnastics team. He hurt his back and was forced to quit the team. Then Vietnam War started and he was drafted. He completed three tours with Air Force. As a result of Agent Orange use in 'Nam, he suffered prostate cancer, had four heart attacks a has nine stents in his arteries. On top of that, in March of last year, his Jeep was T- boned at 60mph. Car was completely totaled, but Tony was able to exit through the driver's door, the only piece of metal that wasn't destroyed by the impact.

What a true survivor story. After all that, he doesn't complain and considers himself an ordinary man.
I'd say he's a hero.
Had a lonely vet show me his first kill picture in Vietnam. Then the story of killing all big and small, then the tap on the shoulder one day that "they changed their mind, we are out of here". Ruined the man. We got it so easy. Thanks to ALL the Vets.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom