oreck on stairs

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Not bad. With both hands on the handle are you able to get the step riser also?
Not on these stairs because the bullnose protrudes too much. The risers aren't really soiled but you could always brush them with a long handled soft broom. With 2 hands and the microfiber pads, you don't have to turn off the machine. Easy to just flip it down to the next stair.

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
We used the little Oreck Orbiter for years in our carpet cleaning business. It's a toy of a machine. But it can be useful in a few applications. It's awesome on the stairs. It's also handy for cleaning in tight areas. And it can be useful for doing some quick post-bonneting, particularly in traffic lanes. I also like that it takes up essentially no space in the truck (we kept ours stashed behind the passenger's seat). It's not a powerhouse machine by any stretch, but we managed to get a good amount of use out of ours.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
I also use the Oreck on stairs.

I find it does not do a great job on the risers, even without a bullnose. :icon_redface:

It tends to hug at the top of the riser, rather than cleaning the entire riser, just my opinion.

To stop the shakiness, centre the pad instead of having it off-set to the driver.

IF the risers are also in need of cleaning, which in my area, I find is nearly all of the time, I usually go to my OLD HOS Micro with extension handle.

I first prespray risers going up, then prespray treds coming down.

I then stand up, using the Micro facing the fibers and away from me, then proceed to clean the risers, from base to top.

I then come back down cleaning the treds, usually standing two steps below the one that I'm cleaning.

This method allows me to clean both risers & treds standing up & hardly bending my back, saving me pain.

When I bought my Micro, it came with two handles, I only ever need the short one, + it also fits in my tool box along with the Micro & spare brushes, extension lead, etc;

Works for this old fart.

:yoda: :very_drunk:

Hos Cyclo 3.jpg

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
I have a micro I use as well, minus the handles. I use it for any spots that don’t come up after extracting, Those handles are interesting.

Rob Grady

Name
Rob Grady
I care where the dirt goes, ... so I will continue to utilize the world's best stair machine .. the Rotovac Jr!
Been there done that with the pad machines. Not saying they don't have a place in the cleaning arsenal, but for the least vacuumed area in ANY house, a quick buff don't cut it on stairs.
Looks like a lot of you guys are looking for the path of least resistance.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
The risers aren't really soiled but you could always brush them with a long handled soft broom

Yep, sho-nuff .
why bother with corners, behind doors, or closets either
They're not dirty anyway .
Just vac..
hell let's skip that too!!
what a waste of time .
If it's full of debris on top, just broom it out the door ...

we used to be about hi-quality workmanship here
Now we can be mediocre and ...

1605821828286.png

..L.T.A.

• Haha
Reactions: Shorty

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
I care where the dirt goes, ... so I will continue to utilize the world's best stair machine .. the Rotovac Jr!
Been there done that with the pad machines. Not saying they don't have a place in the cleaning arsenal, but for the least vacuumed area in ANY house, a quick buff don't cut it on stairs.
Looks like a lot of you guys are looking for the path of least resistance.
Dunno about you guys, but down under, we have a standard ( AS3733 for carpet & AS4849 for upholstery ), that I always try to go above & beyond.

YES, this DOES include vacuuming all areas to be cleaned.

I no longer work to the IICRC agendas, I always try to improve my system.

My equipment utilizes bonnets, pads & brushes to get the best possible result.

:yoda: :very_drunk:

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Yep, sho-nuff .
Just vac..
what a waste of time .

View attachment 103759

..L.T.A.
This is a building that I will be cleaning head to toe in the spring with a truck mount. Right now they only want certain areas spruced up as their elevator has been out of service for the last 3 months. We are just making it look better until then.

Reactions: Dolly Llama

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Yep, sho-nuff .
Just vac..
what a waste of time .

View attachment 103759

..L.T.A.
See why nobody likes you. 😉

Reactions: Dolly Llama

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom