Oreck Vaccums

• Thread starter advanced curb designs
  • Start date
A

advanced curb designs

Hey is anyone is interested in a commercial Oreck Vaccum give me a call 757-338-6223 I can get new ones at a great price. Mike

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
He knows a guy who knows a guy... Or should I say knew a guy. 8)

MikeD00019

advanced curb designs said:
Hey is anyone is interested in a commercial Oreck Vaccum give me a call 757-338-6223 I can get new ones at a great price. Mike

What's the great price?

R

rotovacguy

Larry B said:
They can sell them cheap now because in the next year you will spend $500. on parts.

Exactly....I had an oreck for a while, it worked great at first. It was very light and easy to manuever, and then all of a sudden the thing started chewing up belts like crazy, made the whole house smell of burning rubber. Needless to say, the customer was not happy. I took it apart several times, and could see nothing wrong with it. Every time I put a belt on it, it would work great for about 5 minutes, then it would chew up the belt again. :x

I sold the POS on ebay a while ago. I don't miss it at all. Now I use my cheap Bissell and the thing works great, even has attachments for cleaning steps and corners, the oreck didn't even do that, either.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
rotovacguy said:
Larry B said:
They can sell them cheap now because in the next year you will spend $500. on parts.

Exactly....I had an oreck for a while, it worked great at first. It was very light and easy to manuever, and then all of a sudden the thing started chewing up belts like crazy, made the whole house smell of burning rubber. Needless to say, the customer was not happy. I took it apart several times, and could see nothing wrong with it. Every time I put a belt on it, it would work great for about 5 minutes, then it would chew up the belt again. :x

I sold the POS on ebay a while ago. I don't miss it at all. Now I use my cheap Bissell and the thing works great, even has attachments for cleaning steps and corners, the oreck didn't even do that, either.

You needed to replace the beater bar, is can seize up or not turn easily. Jon-Don sells them for $35.

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
If you use it alot also keep a supply of:

The motors (JUNK)

Handles (junk)

Bag Clips (junk)

Belts

Motor fans (cheap plastic)

If you are going to use them once a week at home but using an oreck everyday is a waste of money. They are the most over advertised piece of crap on the market.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom