Oreck XL Commercial Sensor Override

squid

Name
Jim
New to the board, hello!

I have an Oreck XL Commercial vacuum and the sensor that works with the embedded magnet in the brush roller no longer functions. The machine will not work without the magnet in the roller. Oreck says they are back ordered indefinitely and offered me 10% off of a new vacuum and told me to recycle mine, I kid you not!

Does anyone know how to override that worthless sensor? A regular brush roller is, unfortunately, not the solution.

Thanks!

Reactions: SamIam

FredC

Village Idiot
I'm not sure how you would override it.

but you should be able to find an oreck hall effect sensor elsewhere

squid

Name
Jim
I'm not exactly sure what your part is or looks like, but is this it?
Here is a picture of my sensor along with the embedded magnet on the roller. It looks to be a different hall effect sensor and I cannot seem to locate it anywhere. I tried running the vacuum with the sensor removed, but still no luck. I was hoping I could solder the wires in a way to override the sensor altogether, but I am not tech savvy enough to know how to do that.

sensor.jpg

Name
Swani
Here is a picture of my sensor along with the embedded magnet on the roller. It looks to be a different hall effect sensor and I cannot seem to locate it anywhere. I tried running the vacuum with the sensor removed, but still no luck. I was hoping I could solder the wires in a way to override the sensor altogether, but I am not tech savvy enough to know how to do that.

View attachment 118735
What model is your vacuum?

cconstab

Name
colin
Just in case anyone else hits this problem cut the wires off the sensor and short out the red and the black wires leave the white disconnected.
No sensor now but works and with regular brushes.
Tada.

Reactions: FredC

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom