Oreck

Mikey P

Administrator
jwathas
Oreck is my absolute favorite vacuum brand of all time. My husband bought one for us back in 2003 and we had it until 2009. It would have lasted a lot longer and we probably would still have it today as they are extremely durable and long lasting, but it sadly was the victim of a power surge, which shorted it out and killed it. I was devastated. It has now been 10 years since I've owned an Oreck. For the past 4 years, we've gone through 4 piece of junk Shark vacuums that ALWAYS ended up breaking. Shark would replace them under the warranty, but we finally had enough and said no more Shark. The other day while I was browsing Facebook Marketplace, I found a classic Oreck XL in mint condition that had very little use for only $40. It even came with a full package of bags. The person who was selling it said that it had belonged to her father, who barely used it as he had 2 other vacuums. It looks almost brand new with very few signs of use and the brush is VERY clean. We immediately snatched it up. My husband picked it up this morning and I just used it for the first time. it is possible to feel nostalgic over a cleaning appliance??? Because that is totally how I feel right now! It's been an entire decade since I have used an Oreck and I had forgotten how amazing they are! I had also forgotten how incredibly lightweight they are. I will never stray from Oreck ever again!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom