Original Roto Vac Question?

Willy P

Name
Willy P
The 2 cup style - Can I swap out the jets for lower flow? Both of the crap assed Pumptechs in the Worrier and The Recoil drop to around 80 psi from 350 when it's keyed and holy crap does it put down a lot of water. I seem to be getting decent dry times in the 8 hour range, but I wand it off after. I figured if I reduced flow I'd pick up in impact and save some strain on the pumps.

Mikey P

Administrator
yes I did and it helped.

What would help even more is getting a clear tube so you can tell when its time to move on.

you have NO idea just how much those RVs are putting down Willy.

R

rotorob

I installed .05s on my RVs. I was blowing through 100 gallons of H20 in about three hours. I got tired of having to shut down to empty so now I have added a 225 gallon fresh tank and use my older fresh tank to drain off of my main vac tank. Finally I can clean a 1400sf house in one go.

R

rotovacguy

Hey Willy,

When I owned mine (the original 2 cup style) what I did was not only put in smaller jets, but I even completely blocked off one on each head so I only was using 2 jets per head.

Yeah, those pumptecs can't keep up with 6 jets, they had a hard enough time with 4 smaller jets. I don't know if it was the design or what, but even after the jet swap the rotovac just left the carpet too wet for my liking, plus it was freakin slow. Granted, I was using a porty with it, but in comparison to even my cheap pos 1.5" wand, it was slower and wetter with the same gear. Maybe the guys running those behemoth truckmounts got better results, idk.

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
I dropped to the same size as well. Buy them in stainless, they last a lot longer, and hold a better spray pattern longer, especially if you use it a lot.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
i've never changed the jets , still on the originals. we use it almost daily since 2002. we run it at 300psi.probably time to change those jets. my experience is that it reduces dry times, but i use a clear tube like mike suggests. dry passes are very important

gene

Back
Top Bottom