our first dual grind job tomorrow!

Mikey P

Administrator
the 3 of us will be running the Two Cimexes on our largest regular commercial gig.

Got a church camp ground next week with a dozen buildings as well.

any suggestions of how to set up and get the two Yellow Devils working asap?

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
Yep I do. If you're planning on pre-vacuuming I would consider hiring cheaper labor to vacuum with your equipment waaay prior to arriving. That is unless of course you own a sit down battery operated iVac. Two guys laying down foam can and should be doing 4,000+ sq/hr and that's how much you need to pre-vacuum. 1 guy even with a good 15" commercial vacuum will not pave the way for two Cimex. If the customer has cleared the "topical" debris off the carpet on their dime then hit the ground running by sending the two scrubbers in different directions so they won't step on each other to much during the day. Hope that they vac'd enough top soil out of the highest traffic lanes or you might get a wick back. I find an additional 50' ext cord allows me to find an outlet most anywhere. I do two huge churches and the extra cord helps.

3 guys?, I'm betting one guy will be humping water to keep the scrubbers moving and being at the ready for anything that comes up. Perhaps he can also run around and pre-spray the coffee and other spots. Maybe switch them around so they don't get bored. I never scimp on my mixture, 4 oz per gallon and really overlap the traffic highways. I keep a Cimex 6-8 inches away from woodwork and chairs cause it's a flinger. Seems to fling much less on a dry pass allowing me to get in a bit closer.

Good for you keeping busy this week. My phone is quiet.

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Have the first lot of solution for both machines already made up hot in the truck from home so they dump it in as soon as they have lifted the machine out and they are running.

I assume you have already been onsite, I almost always get a copy of their floor plan. This not only enables me to estimate but also allows me to scribble notes regarding cleaning, stains, heavy walkways etc. I then sit down briefly with my guys before going in, and plan the best approach.

Get them into the cleanest areas first. That will then allow the third tech to review the heavily soiled areas and plan it effectively and pre spot etc.

Nominate a lead tech that can see the bigger picture. This will be essential in anticipating bottle necks, planned breaks, quality control, running water and solution to the machines to keep them running, shift furniture ahead and behind them etc. in my case, I try and always be the third tech. I have the ability to oversee a huge job and anticipate the above and plan effectively. I will releive the other guys, but not for great lengths. If one of your guys is better at this than you, nominate them for that role.

The lead tech/third guy should be the busiest of them all.

I don't have two cimex's, rather a Cimex and a 21" Brute so I also plan the effectiveness and strengths of each machine into my planning.

John

Mikey P

Administrator
Just wasn't that big of a job to do some of the ideas suggested We did haul ass though..

We ran the Brush Pro with renovators over some problematic areas to dig out the carbon like soil and to make Sanitairing more effective. Which it did, we got an amazing amount of dry stuff out. Really impressive.

Then two of us Mexed for a few hours.

Post padding with cotton would have been a cherry on the cake but they were on a diet.

Reactions: J Scott W

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom