Our Home show giveaway and ideas

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Our local home show is very popular and I know people have asked for ideas and ect. We have had great success with a few things such as giving away a spotting basket and a grand prize such as a flat screen tv. We even got a gift receipt so people could take it to the store for credit towards a large tv the past couple of years. We actually don't use the peoples names to contact them for potential future work. We tried that in the past and the people really didn't want to be contacted even though they might have indicated it on the form. We now tell them we won't contact them unless they win. It has been a better "ice breaker" to attack the clients to our booth and they start asking questions. I have even done examples of spot removal on carpet with and without protectant. So far this year I am booking jobs right there at the booth and my protectant sales is up for those jobs too.

This year we had our local Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, GMC build us a custom Blue Jeep for our run around vehicle. We then ordered a small ride on 2 seater kids version jeep as our grand prize giveaway. The Jeep dealer has our Jeep on display and the mini me jeep next to it. We also have our booths together. It is a great team up. We have it posted on Facebook and in all kinds of advertising to come see. It is an unbelievable hit!

Here are some pics also.

The Jeep has a special 3 inch lift from Australia, 17 inch rims with 33 inch tires, special custom Kenwood stereo with gps, bluetooth, DVD, CD, Backup camera, Sirius Satellite (just like all rigs)Heated seats, electric everything, Tinted windows, soft top, Custom floor mats....it is loaded and the Jeep dealership is also very proud to display them.

It is a great hit and the Mini Jeep is the talk of the show.

Just thought I would share in case anyone is looking for some ideas for marketing.

Mark Saiger
Saiger's Steam Clean, LLC
Grand Rapids, MN
http://www.saigers.com

P3180018.jpg

Jamesh921

Name
James
Now THAT is thinking out of the box. Although most cc'ers don't have that kind of cash to put toward such an awesome marketing extravaganza, it gives us all something to shoot for. Very impressive Mark. Good job.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Hi guys,

The Booth at the show was $324. The little Jeep was $223. Flat screen tv's can be bought as cheep. The car dealership was willing to split the costs of the kids car and the advertising for the show. The cost of our second prize was the cost of our spotters, a basket, some new rags, our pocket knives with logos, biz cards and magnets. I actually picked up the entire cost of the booth and the car because we partnered on more of the advertising. I also did live radio spots from the booth. Total cost of this marketing booth was maybe $800 total including prizes, booth and ads. I could have reduced that cost like I say more partnering with others. It is possible to find a way to do this.

If you have a place or places you have your vans serviced or you buy certain things as a regular, I have found they are very excited to partner with you to also create a positive image for themselves.

I have today left at the show but yesterday I booked 7 jobs at the show and one of them was a $2500 funeral home carpet job. I will more than make my money and this is a great jump start for the carpet cleaning rush. People love to come and visit and see you. My spot cleaning and protectant demo is a huge hit and I have sold that on most of the booked jobs and will make more of an effort again this year to offer it in a positive manner.

Oh and I didn't get a Rubicon because I DID want the Wrangler and short wheel base. That is also why I went with the soft ride lift kit from Austailia. It is an amazing ride!

Take care everyone and best wishes to a great start to Spring. Hope you can also find success for this coming marketing campaign.

I can tell you we are having a blast and can't wait to give away the little jeep to some lucky family!

Mark Saiger
www.saigers.com

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Money well spent Mark! 8) I have just known people that have chopped wranglers and extended them and invest the money into all the suspension, and could have bought a rubicon and been done with it.

Jamesh921

Name
James
Mark, I was referring to the cost of the "real Jeep" you had designed and built. THAT, I'm sure, cost a little more than $800.

rick imby

Name
Rick
With all the decals on his "Real Ride" jeep it is a business asset and definitely written off.

You gotta drive something. Anything that can be thought of as Cool from a Mustang to a Mini Cooper to a Jeep can be part of your carpet cleaning persona.

Rick

Haven't you seen Mikeys logo all over his motorcycles?

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Sorry James,

Yep the real jeep was more than $800

We are going to use it for business. Just a good eye catcher for our area and It will be functional for some of the real remote areas for water damages. Have to make a lot more trips in and out to them, but at least we can say we can get to them.

And it is going to be real fun to have the top down all summer!

Mark

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
The mini jeep name has been drawn and it actually is going to a set of twin boys. Will get some photos and with parents permission, will publish in local newspaper. We want to also respect their privacy so they will let us know tomorrow if they want it in the paper. All in all, we had a great show and a lot of new cheerleaders for our company were met.

Mark Saiger

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom