Over 20 years in business

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
You can lead a horse to water, but you can't force them to drink. I don't know what is worse, the solution line in the vac hose, the 1 1/2" choker, or the YP ad?

This is a very good friend of mine who has been in business for over 20 years that is stuck in his old ways. He came over today to show me his homemade electric hose reel and I thought I would share it.

4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARqQVNyvQic4]

Joe Bristor

no wonder how he got the bright :idea: idea of the wench ... the hose looks more like a tow rope.
actually my old reel looked worse than that on a good day.
better get your vids off the net Able1 - he might lose his lunch if he sees them.
didn't SW ever come up with an exhaust scoop for that unit?

F

FB7777

god speed to him and every other guy out there in the trenches following him as he chases hisowndamntail until he drops

guaranfrickenteed job security for those he chose a different business formula

Able 1

Name
Keith
I would have used a wench on my reel, but they always bitch about the heat in the van.. :?

Name
Evets
I like this guy. Happy sorta fellow.
I used my fire-breathing SW machine for 12 years after it was paid for, and it's still running today for someone else. Maybe that's what he's so giddy about. He's takin' it to the bank instead of the finance company.

SW taught me everything I know about working with hand tools. And patience.
Thank you SW.

F

FB7777

Stevie Bs said:
I like this guy. Happy sorta fellow.
I used my fire-breathing SW machine for 12 years after it was paid for, and it's still running today for someone else. Maybe that's what he's so giddy about. He's takin' it to the bank instead of the finance company.

SW taught me everything I know about working with hand tools. And patience.
Thank you SW.

20 years in.... $5,000 YP ad .... touting $24.95 ?

the only money he's bringing to the bank is on coin wrappers

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
Very true Fred, in the last 5 years his business has really taken a hit. Like so many other residential cleaners in our area, he has lost a lot and is basically on his last leg. It's very sad to think where some of these businesses were years ago and where they are now. I'm just so grateful that we geared our cleaning business towards commercial work. In residential, there is not enough money in cleaning like the good old days, when you could clean and protect the whole house- here's your cash, have a great day. :cry:

gary mackay

His ad said starting at $24.95 not $24.95 a room, nothing stupid about doing a hall or bathroom for $24.95. I don't roll that way but many do & it works for getting the calls and as you know it's your job to sell it once you got them on the phone.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom