overall best stairtool?

Jerry

Supportive Member
staight,swivel,handtool? I think I would like a longer straight, maybe with a enclosed head, I dunno. All I know is I need something different than what I got. Any suggestions?
Thanks!
Jerry

R

R W

Cleaning stairs with a regular wand is like asking whether you groom or not. Mike, how do you use your regular wand when it's been extended by a foot or so? I'd swear that the wands you had at WF '06 were taller than me. When a customer is watching, a tool made for steps, like the swivel, is preferred. I guess you could wand the steps in an empty, but why not use a tool that was designed for steps??

Jerry

Supportive Member
The stair tool I have now is a 30" 1 1/4 with a "open" head, PMF. I have had it for years. The biggest problem is it screams something fierce and I have to turn down the water flow to reduce overspray. PITA. What about the Prochem stairtool?

Mikey P

Administrator
RW.

12 flow, maximum suck.

How can that be wrong?

Just because you cant use a real wand on steps due to old age or arthritis dont gafaw at us that can.

Greenie

I know you've never heard this before, but what ever you use put a glide on it....simply changes the tool for the better. oh and upsize the jets while you are at it, flow cleans dirty treads.

The PMF tools totally dominate the market, not cause they are the best, but they are decent and affordable, the 30" and 40" tools will serve just fine for most and they are avail. everywhere. The Prochem tools need a serious jet upgrade, 06 flow please.

Lora Olson

The best one is the one that works for you. Stair tools are probably the most user specific tool out there. Ask your local supplier to try a couple. If you want one that you will not be un-happy with the PMF tools is by far the least "hated" Some people really like the S bend tools and the 29" tools is the most popular and for guys like me and Mike the 40" works well but if you are under 6' you would hate it. I do not like the straight tools (Prochem,PMF etc) They suck for tall guys but short people seem to like them. So the short answer is it depends and thats the answer I give guys that come into the store. I f they don't know what they want i send them out with 3 or 4 to try when they have a stair job so they can find what fits them best.

Greenie

btw my UT-40 rocked, but Mikey never could get comfortable with it, I'm 5'9 not 6'7 thou.

FastEddie

I like my hybrid glided swivel tool with 09 flow, it will go into some crazy tight spaces and gives you angles that no other tool can even dream of. For extremely soiled stairs, my RV swinger & swivel tool combo is the ultimate. Nothing else even competes..........................

Name
steve snail
Still waiting to see a vid of stairs gracefully being cleaned with a wand. I have tried the wand, and use it some, however almost always go back over and detail w/prochem upholstery tool, i.e., my standard stair tool of choice.

R

R W

RW.

12 flow, maximum suck.

How can that be wrong?

Just because you cant use a real wand on steps due to old age or arthritis dont gafaw at us that can.[/quote]
GAFAW??? Mikey, you will get older someday....I don't know when.....and your back will let you know it! That will be the end of floor tooling the steps....

hehe...old age or arthritis!!!

Mikey P

Administrator
guf·faw /gʌˈfɔ, gə-/ Pronunciation Key -
1. a loud, unrestrained burst of laughter.
–verb (used without object)
2. to laugh loudly and boisterously.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
This is the stair tool that most of my customers use:

sttool.jpg

29" long; 10" wide head

Larry

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom