Owner operators: How do you run your books...software?

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
How do you 'one man show' run your books? Manage your clients?

Do you use the clients database software to run your books?

What software/s do you use?

If your bill includes sales tax, how do you keep track of how much $ to send every quarter?
Do you have different counties with different sales tax? How do you deal with that?

Your practical advise is highly appreciated.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
The best PractIcAl advice ....I can give you is MOVE...!!! CA. is a sinking SHIP... :idea:

O/O in the rest of the country....Are collecting unemployment, living on WeLfAre,
Working for CASH....& living with a secTiOn 8 women...DriNkInG her children's WIX money...

Sales Tax.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ......RIGHT... :mrgreen:

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Doc Holliday said:
Harper you have to quit drinking and chasing women...................it's my turn! :wink:

I am NOT drinking...I am getting THEM drunk.... :wink:

Then ....I enlighten them to the ADVANTAGES...of the "LEASE OPTION"...transaction..:shock:

Ps..They really like the up-front...DowNpAyMeNt... :wink: :mrgreen:

rick imby

Name
Rick
HARPER said:
Doc Holliday said:
Harper you have to quit drinking and chasing women...................it's my turn! :wink:

I am NOT drinking...I am getting THEM drunk.... :wink:

Then ....I enlighten them to the ADVANTAGES...of the "LEASE OPTION"...transaction..:shock:

Ps..They really like the up-front...DowNpAyMeNt... :wink: :mrgreen:

If it flies, floats, or F*cks it is cheaper to rent.

Joe Bristor

I 2nd gettin outa CA.

Bookswise, I write my own programs. Works great until you crash or get ripped off like happened to me.
Took three days to get it all restored. uggh.
no fun time at Mikey's til I get done with Saturday's mailing. see ya.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
kolfer1 said:
Harper,
Can you do mailings to clients, mail merge with word documents; etc with quickbook pro?

Not sure...but you can do everything else... :!:

I am pretty sure ChAvEz...uses QB.... :?:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Gee,
6 posts about alcohol dependency, women with loose morals and how to live succesfully on welfare.
And yes, one and a half answer about the subject.

Come on, you can do better!

Harper, this is for my business in TX (I currently commute between CA and TX.)
And in TX they have sale tax on services.
They must be hidden liberals.
Don't mess with Texas.

Able 1

Name
Keith
In WI. I have to file monthly... After you hit amount of sales per quarter(in WI at least) they changed it to monthly(which at first it pissed me off, but it is alot easier). I do use QB, but for sales tax I just use my invoices. As far as seperating the counties I mark the percentage on the tax line. File on-line it's way better then doing it on the phone.

Name
Bill Soukoreff
Quickbook Pro here as well. It shows you exactly what to put on the sales tax forms. Also, QuickTax will import everything from Quickbooks when it comes to time to do your tax return.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
When I started I just used a database to track customers and excel to track the money. I would just have a separate column for each expense on the scheduled C. It worked fine for the first couple of years but now I use QB pro. It saves time and I can look at my bottom line from different angles.

TimP

My wife handles the books. We work off a simple cash system done by a spreadsheet in excel. It's double checked by bank, and credit card statements. Purchases etc, depreciation is handled as required too. I don't know the ins and outs of the latter so I let my accountant handle all that. Most of us owner/operators don't need fancy programs because of the simple way our businesses are run.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Service Monster for tracking invoices and adding tax if needed.
Quick books pro for all my banking and tracking expenses.

You can run with just QB Pro and it does invoicing and customer files etc but it's just not as good as Service Monster for that.

There is nothing better than QB Pro for any service company. You can track all your write offs, vehicles mileage and expense, itemize everything, Figure tax for everything.
I couldn't run without it at this point.

Not too mention every accountant uses Quick Books and you can just email them portable file.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom