Owner Operators-How many hours do you actually work a week?

Owner Operators-How many hours do you actually work a week?

• 20-25

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 25-30

• 30-35

• 35-40

• 40-45

• 45-I'm a workaholic and can't get enough

• Total voters
R

R W

I am probably out on the road more than 30 hours just horsin' around. I don't schedule jobs back to back, unless I'm really slammed. I like break time between jobs.

But....I have other income, and don't need to bust arse on carpet cleaning....

WISE

70-80 most weeks easy.

Which is down from last year, I was killin myself. Slowly giving up some of my control freak tasks to my manager--I have a problem with that. He does fine, I don't know why it is such a big deal for me to be involved with EVERYTHING! I try to each week take something off my plate and add to his daily/weekly action plan. Workin out well so far. Wouldn't change a thing tho, I love it.

WISE

WISE

Fon--

I was talking about everything...I very rarely clean carpet myself. I do go to every water damage personally...which lately has been alot. Certainly not complaining about that. But we do flooring also...and I bid all those jobs myself. Ryan pretty much handles the cleaning dept and I deal with wdr and flooring. I try to do some marketing each Thursday, and do all the accounting myself. Just not enough hours in the week!

WISE

Wiseman's marketing tip of the week...work out a barter deal with a caterer. we clean a small catering office once a month. Then they cater a lunch to a referral hub for us or either a target for work....It has been a huge hit!

Best
Wise

Fon Johnson

I meant for the poll. I have quite a variance in hours from "on the truck "to working on the business.. 8)

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
admiralclean said:
Another poorly worded poll with inadequate choices.

DAT
Really. I consider every moment I'm driving and cleaning to be "at work". That is to say I usually leave at 7:15 every day and drive and work non-stop until 6 or 7 at night, eating in the van and as I work. This goes on 5 and 1/2 days a week. Is that being a "workaholic", or just a normal workload? It's certainly more than 45 hours. I would imagine most business owners in America put in as much time.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
depends on the week and month.

this week the office time was probably 20 hours.

in the truck time was 11 hours.

nothing stellar.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
clarification...

that's time spent ON the van, out cleaning carpets.
Of coarse you should include your travel time between jobs, also.
But not time spent in the office or out marketing

and if anyone didn't notice, the poll is for owner/operators that actually clean everyday on the van

..L.T.A.

Doug D

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Dimick
Richard C. said:
Wow Mike, I work around 50-hours (in office) and you make me feel like I'm slacking! :shock:

That is not what your brother Dan says??!!!???!!! :lol: :lol:

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Art Kelley said:
admiralclean said:
Another poorly worded poll with inadequate choices.

DAT
Really. I consider every moment I'm driving and cleaning to be "at work". That is to say I usually leave at 7:15 every day and drive and work non-stop until 6 or 7 at night, eating in the van and as I work. This goes on 5 and 1/2 days a week. Is that being a "workaholic", or just a normal workload? It's certainly more than 45 hours. I would imagine most business owners in America put in as much time.

holy mackerel Andy...er..Art!!

33 years in the biz and you're out on the van cleaning 11 to 12 hours a day???
yea, I'd say you qualify as a workaholic and that's not a "normal" work load for a 33yr vet.
("IF" that's actual time spent running around cleaning)

maybe I'm reading too much into your comment, and you're not actually cleaning those 12 hours days.
in home estimates take up much of that time, maybe?

..L.T.A.

WISE

Greenie--

No he does not...he doesn't know this place exists.

If your lead tech is on the boards, he won't be your lead tech for long-He will be your competition! Then again some guys are perfectly content as an employee vs owner.

My old lead tech posts here--He went in business for himself...doin pretty well from what I can tell. But I knew months before he put in his notice he was on his way by two things--On the boards and taking a small business class at the local tech college. Wasn't too hard to figure out.

WISE

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom