oxi fresh came to my town

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I was turning in invoices today and saw an oxifresh card in one of my property managers office. I guess one of the realtors sold a house for the franchisee and passed out some cards. I know they are vlm but that's about it. Our town is a tough market that already has a chemdry so I don't know how far they will go. Im glad to see another competitor it helps with complacency and keeps you on your toes

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
You crazy right? I hate more competitors, have enough already I'd prefer fewer not more!
I have no trouble saying on my toes, I don't need competitors stepping on them.
:p

Chris A

Name
Chris
yeah I can't imagine what they can do with their "system". Around me they are one old Astro van and not that cheap for my area (~35 a room)

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
Jo do you know who the Principal is?
Not sure I guess he is a chamber member. My wife was on some sort of group with him. Richard , as for being crazy maybe a little. I figure whats the use of getting all jumpy everytime a new cleaning gig comes to town. I worked my self to the point of insanity to get where I am at and my success has only been marginal in the grand scheme of things. If you can make it in this business my hats off to you. I actually get a lot of work from other contractors. I do a lot of vct and hard surface which accounts for around a third of our revenue so that kind of insulates me from the carpet battlefield. I can respect anyone who wants to be a business owner and work hard. My only concern with franchises is that they tend to bring the brainwashed corporate mindset and method bashing to the table rather than learning the trade in its entirety. Ive lost track of how many times I have had to re educate customers from bad information regarding mold and mildew that the local chemdry has embedded into peoples minds. Cant say Im thrilled but I know there is no silver bullet to cleaning every carpet so I dont really feel threatened. I will say that when I see a new competitor it does make me want to strive to treat my customers well because I know that someone else is hungry and will take them from me if I dont.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Good response Jon. I don't get bent out of shape with new competition, especially franchises. I figure those guys are ready have the cards stacked against them, for every "pro" also comes a "Con".

Like you, I just sharpen the saw and do what we do best, service the clients.

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
The guy here runs his business out of a scion. It has a nice wrap, but they have never been an issue with me.

Sent from my motorola flip phone using Crapatalk 1.1

Will Reed

Name
Will Reed
My local oxi fresh franchise went through a change of ownership this spring. Whoever the last guy was I cleaned up after him more then any other carpet cleaner in town. I am guessing corporate oxifresh booted him. All of the feedback I've had says that Oxifresh gets carpets clean looking initially but it only lasts about 2-3 weeks before the spots start to reappear.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
My local oxi fresh franchise went through a change of ownership this spring. Whoever the last guy was I cleaned up after him more then any other carpet cleaner in town. I am guessing corporate oxifresh booted him. All of the feedback I've had says that Oxifresh gets carpets clean looking initially but it only lasts about 2-3 weeks before the spots start to reappear.
That's kind of what im thinking. being vlm only really isolates you to being able to deliver on a certain type of carpet which is going to be very lightly soiled residential and maybe some commercial office. I cant see how you could get any kind of decent result on a pet odor job using a crb. I have a hard enough time with pet odor using a tm. Kind of also eliminates you from restaurants. Most of the bigger property managers want tm hwe anyway. I cant imagine this person having a solid cleaning background because if they did they would know that vlm isn't going to phase some of the nasty stuff that's out there. Also I am beginning to feel like the local chemdry has made people skeptical of this low moisture cleaning because I receive several calls where people request "steam cleaning"

Back
Top Bottom