Oxidization "strength"

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
I'm just worried about the discoloration actually. Powermax makes the piss spots disappear. I want a prespray that does that. Will the two to four ounces of oxy do that mikey? Folks just don't want to see the spots......their nose is already clueless.

Funny you mentioned this....I was recently pondering a similar thought....

What unit of measure, or term, is used to measure the "oxidity" (not a word), or oxidizing power of a solution??

What range, or strength, if applicable, would most popular oxidizing presprays, mixed at average recommended dilution, most likely fall between using this unit of measure??

Last edited:

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo

I thought you were yankin' my chain at first Lee, but it seems the term volts actually is a term used in relation to oxidation.

I'm seeing the volt measurement mainly being used in discussing electro-chemistry, but is it applicable here in relation to cleaning solutions??

Name
Lee Stockwell
I love Chemistry...the more you learn the more you realize there is more to learn.

Water is made of Oxygen and Hydrogen, seems so simple, but water science is important in so many ways.

pH, Potential of Hydrogen and "potential of oxidation/reduction" each show that "energy" shifts of these two elements, Oxygen and Hydrogen, affect all life.

Name
Shawn Forsythe
No quantitative methods existed until now to either define, measure or compute the strength of an oxidizer. This is mainly due to the fact that how well an oxidizer performs can often be modulated by catalysis and relative substrate reactivity. This is to say that under certain conditions, an oxidizer with high potential can be stable and relatively non-reactive if acidic/basic, temperature, presence or lack of presence of choice metal ions or select organic compounds.

One can only define the material to be oxidized, then choose amongst potentially high strength candidates, then evaluate for practical conditions which will yield stable separate storage as well as a reactive combination. Also speed of reaction will be a factor which will vary amongst candidates.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom