OxyBlaster on carpet

Scott Rogers

I have a job I need a heavy Oxidizer over a very large area. I have been thinking of using a heavy mix of OxyBlaster as a prespray. just like on tile and grout.

Any issues doing this?

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Scott;

A Powder Oxidizer will have more actual oxidizer, if that is what you are looking for.

With a pH of 10.5, it will mix fine with most alkaline presprays.

Most of my customers use about 2oz./gallon of mixed prespray.

Larry Cobb
Merry Christmas

Farenheit251

Scott, I get the best results mixing the percarbonate with my emulsifier and rinsing with it. Between the high heat and leaving it behind to work the results are better than in a prespray.
I don't do it often as it does leave a residue. But there are carpets that are so bad that the residue isn't a big concern and I think that is what you are dealing with.

Scott Rogers

BrianE said:
But there are carpets that are so bad that the residue isn't a big concern and I think that is what you are dealing with.

O yeah, thats what I'm dealing with LOL. Last time I cleaned it, I mixed up 2 gallons of stain magic and sprayed on with my battery sprayer. But the smell was so bad it was unbearable not to mention the burned lungs and eyes. LOL . It worked good but looking for another solutions this time.

There is enough soap in this carpet, I dont need to add any. I need to remove there soap from daily cleanings and oxidize the stains.

Scott Rogers

Dont do it. It was a extreme attempt to fix a extreme problem, and while it did work very well, the side effects where not worth it.

"How do you mix 2 gallons of stain magic" :idea: mix 1 gallon of part A with 1 gallon of part b :roll:

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
For those extreme situations I just mix up a two gallon batch of powdered browning solution.

Only do that when people are NOT home!

Scott Rogers

Well, used 5 0z per gallon Oxyblaster spiked with 1/2 cup citrus solvent per gallon. Made a big difference. A few areas will still need to be oxidized with stain magic, but atleast I wont have to use gallons of it. LOL

DevilDog

Jesus Christ some of you are dumb.

If you can't get a carpet clean without using 40 volume hydrogen peroxide you have some serious ass issues.

I really wonder what the local governing agencies would have to say about some of this...and don't tell me they would not be interested.

Come on guys...you have $80,000 rigs and $600 wands and you have to use 40 volume HP to clean carpets. You better be damn careful what that shit hits.

Sometimes I wonder if you people know anything.

Always in a f'n hurry to get stuff done....yet some of you say you charge quite a bit. Take some time and learn to clean.

Dwell time boys and girls. Dwell time. Agitation boys and girls. Agitation.

Maybe run a mild oxidizer through the system...that is it boys and girls.

Some of you are playing with fire and are apparently so STUPID you don't know it.

God....I need to go take a pill.

DevilDog

Rex Tyus

Maybe run a mild oxidizer through the system...that is it boys and girls.

4 cups of 40 vol into a hydroforce and applied would be a mild oxidizer you twit.
I think it will take more than a pill to help you.

Scott Rogers

Todd, dont bother replying to any of my post. I have no interest in anything you have to say. You seldom if ever have any helpful advise for anybody. You constantly talk out of your ass and you think you have a clue but in fact you are just a loud mouth retard..

To everybody else who offered their advise. Thanks. this is a extreme case though and 4 cups of 40 volume aint gonna cut it. this is a industrial facility only around 9000 ft or so. This carpet has stuff in it that thankfully we dont see very often. This is the 5th time I have cleaned this in the last 3 years. They keep bringing me back without going out to bid because I get more out then any of the other cleaners before.

Fact is if it wasnt for the time of year the job gets done, i wouldnt do it. but there isnt a lot of residential work the week between Christmas and New Years so I do it. I will flush all carpets 2 times with the high traffic areas getting flushed 3 times. then I will spend 2 days running pads over it.

This stuff wicks so bad, when you put a damp pad on the carpet, the next day you will see exactly where the pad was set.

These carpets are cleaned nightly by the on staff janitorial crew, but they actually make the job harder.

GRHeacock

What about agitation with a rotary shampooer, then after cleaning, post bonneting? Instead of the bleaching with anything?

Gary

TimP

If it's olefin he has a license to nuke it if he likes. Just as long as what he uses doesn't hurt the backing. I'm sure if he is professional enough to know what an oxidizer is used for in carpet cleaning if he/she wants to use it and knows when to use it. It sounds to me like he's got it under control. I'm not one that uses a bunch of oxidizer in cleaning since I do mostly residential. But it sounds like he has a situation where it is justified.

Every time someone asks for some advice for cleaning something that requires something special there is always someone to shout how stupid they are without fully understanding the situation. Yes it's not normal to use oxyblaster for carpet. But we are professionals and also adults and we do know what the concerns are and don't need to be reminded. And we shouldn't be scolded for asking questions if we don't know the answer. He should be able to figure out if it works really quick and be able to deal with the situation at hand through experimenting after all it's his insurance policy and his business and his responsibility.

Also keep in mind there are situations out there that no matter what you do it's not going to come clean anyhow. So it doesn't hurt to do your best. This situation seems he found a way to out clean his competitor and make a good profit and have a happy customer IMO.

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
Maybe you should get the janitors to use an encap rinse or some kind of encap cleaning to make your life easier next cleaning.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
cool looking wand Scott

I was kind of thinking like Louis

I have a trucking company I do 2x per year, same problems

I have tried everything but it really hasn't done anything to improve the carpet

I just scrub in a prespray, rinse and pad it then call it good, customer is happy and that is all I really care about

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
and I would like to add that no matter what I did the carpet was filthy a couple of weeks later so in the end it really didn't matter

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
You could offer to be a cleaning consultant for a fee. I know a guy who did this for hospitals. He cleaned, consulted and supplied the cleaning chemicals for them. He made good $$ at this.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom