oxymagic

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
http://oxymagicofmiami.com/media/Oxymagic.wmv

What the heck are they cleaning with? Can you pay Designing spaces to do an informercial for anything?

Looks like encap with a host machine ("their machine even has two cylindrical brushes") :shock:

I continue to be amazed by the "information" that is spread out to public about this industry.

It is no wonder why not many people want to pay for quality work. They have no idea what the heck that consists of anymore.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Bryan;

They have a very good cleaning product line. 8)

Oxygenated encap products with a low-moisture system.

Stain removal is enhanced by the oxidizer, and low-moisture reduces any stain wickback.

I would be looking for similar marketing video, to measure up to the link you posted above.

Larry

tim

great prevac! Nice to know we can write them off as a step below Chemdry! Oxy product? big deal, who doesnt have an oxygenated cleaner? Encap? Not for residential? Pet deposits? dont want to sit on their floor! I hope larry isnt serious!!

Mikey P

Administrator
We have one here.

Sorry folks a GLS will just will not do in most home situations.

I'v followed them plenty of times by now and the stories are humorous to say the least.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Most of the DYI quick-fix shows are geared toward people that don't value paying any professional to work for them, so the audience isn't our customer anyway. They do illustrate the reality of the realty business though: Hide the problems just long enough to get it sold.

Other professionals must flinch when they see carpet knee kicked in, tile glued to plywood and other substandard construction practices. I'm sure a lot of people besides me wonder what the place will look like after the cameras are gone. The flip side is the show Holmes on Homes. Holmes fixes shoddy work done by other contractors and shows how the job should have been done. It's a show about hiring a pro, doing your research, and paying more than the cheapest estimate. When I see something goofy on one of the other shows, I wonder what Holmes would have to say about it.

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
Larry Cobb said:
Bryan;

They have a very good cleaning product line. 8)

Oxygenated encap products with a low-moisture system.

Stain removal is enhanced by the oxidizer, and low-moisture reduces any stain wickback.

I would be looking for similar marketing video, to measure up to the link you posted above.

Larry

I realize they are based in OK, so you may be supplying them with their chems. No offense intended. I just don't see how they are removing 85% of the "whatever" with the butt end of a car vacuum. I also didn't know mold starting growing after 7 hours of carpet being wet. The same old misinformation, untruthfullness, and down right garbage.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Bryan;

They are a low-moisture cleaning franchise.

A dual-brush machine for agitation (best in my book).

A final vacuum step for some soil removal.

I would say that is a good low-moisture system.

Will it remove everything a TM will;

NO.

My point is that good marketing is a valuable asset.

Larry

rhyde

Name
rhyde
He can get out wine and grass stains other cleaners can’t get out ….but he can’t get the carpet clean :?

tim

Is grass stain a real problem? The last time I saw a grass stain it was on the knees of my jeans when I was 5! The wine looked fresh! They tout it as superior to all other cleaning methods, not just a low moisture alternative. Lets see, prevac, prespot, application of prespray, aggitation with dual cylinder brush, dwell time, rinse with heat and high flow, groom, post spot, dry with airpaths, leave dry to the touch when we leave....I can see where the spray down an oxy encap, scrub it in, and post vac would blow us away! Anyone here doing better than 7 hours dry time? Lying and deceiving is not what I call great marketing! I just saw another miracle carpet cleaner at the fair. A tub of oxy product and a deck brush. Did a demo on some carpet and they were hauling them out by the armload! Was that them? Might be another great marketing tool for them. I guess scrub and run is the replacement for splash and dash

Mikey P

Administrator
CRB machines can really mess up loose piles like Friezes and those cheap "cut berbers' you'll find in new track homes and condos.

Sort of ties the yarns in knots, giving the area a corn row look

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Re: Marketing by oxymagic

Everybody is too hung up on the "relative cleaning abilities".

I am not talking about the cleaning system utilized.

What you should be focusing on is the MARKETING.

Do you have a marketing piece to compare to the TV spot referenced above ??

If not, then that is an area for improvement.

Larry

G

I have gone behind so many dry cleaners!! Seems they do a great job of precleaning for an HWE cleaner; But the whole process isn't what it's cracked up to be. I contract for an apartment complex that was using dry cleaners exclusively; after about 2 years they were replacing carpet after carpet ever 2 to 4 years; after 4 years of my style of HWE they are getting longer life from HWE method.

I do use a carbonated cleaner mixture to preclean really dirt soiled carpets; but that requires a good old fashioned HWE with a great cleaning fluid to make it pop. Never used anything but the HWE method and custy's still say I getter done better than guys before; Stroke on wand wizards!!

Mikey P

Administrator
Larry, buddy.

Are you really gong to back that bullshit method?

Come on man,sell them the juice but don't discredit your good name by saying all that matters is getting into the home regardless of method.

You can see all the distortion the caused on those steps.

You and I both know damn well that you would never use garbage process that in YOUR home.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I emailed the TV shows corp hq, referred them to my website.
Anyone in the area feel like doing a TV Spot?

I phoned her back and suggested doing a show where not just one particular company was portrayed but more how to choose a good cleaner and what to watch for so their viewers aren't scammed by Oximagic-type cleaners. This way it wouldn't benefit just one company but the whole industry.

Letters are read bottom to top:

Sent: September-24-08 2:56 PM
To: 'Lysa Liemer'
Subject: RE: OxyMagic Episode

Hi Lysa

You are very welcome. A story would be fun, and I think it would benefit a lot of your viewers. However I am an owner/operator business and I work on the south end of Vancouver Isl in BC Canada only. We could always work on a story to show your viewers what to watch for so they aren’t taken by substandard cleaners. Show them the best, give them the right questions to ask, and your show would benefit every good cleaning business wherever they might be.

Also. if you want to find the best of the best, log onto Mikeysboard.com, start a profile, and ask around. There are lots of cleaners in the US that have the same standards that I do. Weeelll, maybe not that many ;-) A lot of the guys on the board think I over clean. There aren’t really many that take the time I do. But I would say the top cleaners in the world have gravitated to Mikeysboard. They represent just about every method of cleaning as well. I have found the board to be a wealth of knowledge.

Thanks again Lysa for your reply. If I can be of any service, please contact me.

Sincerely;

Ron Werner

CEO

Happy Carpet Cleaners

250-881-4382

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: September-24-08 9:47 AM
To: Ron Werner
Cc: Ken Levy
Subject: RE: OxyMagic Episode

Hello Ron,

Thank you for bringing us up to speed on carpet cleaning techniques.

Are you a national company?, and do you have distribution in the United States? Perhaps we can work with you for our spring carpet cleaning story for 2009?

Best regards,

Lysa

Lysa Liemer

Executive Vice President of Programming

3850 N Powerline Road

Deerfield Beach, Florida 33073

Voice. 954-571-5221 ext.160

Fax. 954- 977-4586

http://www.designingspaces.tv

http://www.kitchenspaces.tv

Sent: Wednesday, September 24, 2008 12:19 PM
To: info
Subject: OxyMagic Episode

Hello

I was on a carpet cleaners bulletin board and some posted a link to the video presenting OxyMagic on your program Designing Spaces.

http://oxymagicofmiami.com/media/Oxymagic.wmv

I am a professional cleaner and after watching this video it did not sit right with me to not say anything. There are lots of carpet cleaners that perform just as mentioned in the video, however, there are many that are far superior to what this video presented as “clean” carpet. I will tell you that OxyMagic did NOT clean that carpet. He made it “look” clean and there is a big difference.

A picture speaks a 1000 words so I invite you to watch the OxyMagic video again, and then watch the videos of my method. You can decide which cleaner you would rather have cleaning your carpets.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRxJ4sNoZJQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cX12YXs7rk

Thanks for your consideration and time.

Sincerely

Ron Werner

CEO

Happy Carpet Cleaners

Sooke BC Canada

http://www.gethappy.ca

PS I have a ton of information on my website to educate consumers about “real” carpet cleaning, what to watch for and how to tell the difference.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom